Motoring Discussion > What do you think? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 9

What do you think? - Runfer D'Hills
Load of horlicks as far as I'm concerned

cars.aol.co.uk/2014/10/16/bmw-m4-advert-banned-in-the-uk/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D300726

Kinda want one now though...

;-)
 What do you think? - Old Navy
A bunch of PC thought police who think that people are too thick to tell the difference between a track day and road use.
 What do you think? - legacylad
Drool drool....my next car if & when the Premium Bonds favour me. Great combination of colours too. By all accounts the handling is not quite as sharp as the Coupe, but I would have lost my bottle before I explored even 7/10ths of it. 425 horses are more than adequate thank you very much, but I would need a wider garage. And all weather tyres. And a tow bar like the 330.
Talking of banned car adverts, I think the Fiat Abarth 500 ad was also banned. Something about a scorpion and the fairer sex. Apologies for no link, but doubtless someone who is not hard of learning like wot I am can do the necessary. Hope so.
 What do you think? - No FM2R
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrUJ5i067Wk

I am here, only to serve...
 What do you think? - legacylad
'' Dont be such clever dickie''

M. Bates

... had a love affair with Nina...

I. Dury
And this is how my evenings disappear...

Write above, think of Billericay Dickie

Over to You Tube to listen to it.
Then I remember how much I liked Squeeze so listen to Cool for Cats
Which leads to Olivers Army
Martha and the Muffins, Echo Beach
Stranglers, Golden Brown
Stranglers, Always the Sun (really love this one, listened twice)
Lou Reed, Perfect Day
Johnny Cash, Hurt
Neil Young, Heart of Gold
Led Zep, Stairway to Heaven....

and I'm still going. Goodness knows when this will end. When the wine runs out, I guess.

What do you think? - Cliff Pope
Do ASA rulings have the force of law, or are they merely guidance?

What would the offence be - "Not doing what the ASA says" fine £100 don't do it again ?
 What do you think? - Bromptonaut
>> Do ASA rulings have the force of law, or are they merely guidance?

The ASA is an industry body so rulings have no legal status. But because of agreements with publishing industry and broadcasters nothing ASA has banned will get mainstream exposure.

It's now suffering from mission creep where a remit originally intended to deal with commercial products has extended to campaigns. See recent furore over the Scottish safe cycling campaign.
 What do you think? - TheManWithNoName
Well that's 1m 20s of my life I won't get back.
What a rubbish advert anyway. The three 'tards on Top Gear have made better efforts with their mucking around!
Latest Forum Posts