Motoring Discussion > Britain's Ugliest Cars Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 23

Britain's Ugliest Cars - Robin O'Reliant
There are some hideous examples here, but the Multipla has always been my favourite MPV and the Ami 6 is far too quirky to deserve the ugly tag. Diabolically charming would be my opinion.

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/11182573/10-of-the-ugliest-cars-in-Britain.html?frame=3082832
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - Ambo
I had an Ami 6, very cheap, roomy and practical and with a pleasing translucent roof. The backward-sloping rear window was surely an idea borrowed from a Ford Anglia.
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - Armel Coussine
>> The backward-sloping rear window was surely an idea borrowed from a Ford Anglia.

Before that it was in a model called I think the Consul Capri, and also in a much grander Ford - the Lincoln Continental (featured in the movie Five Easy Pieces).
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - Manatee
>>Before that it was in a model called I think the Consul Capri

Harold Wilson had one I think. But I think the one with the reflexed rear window was the 'Consul Classic'?
>> I think the one with the reflexed rear window was the 'Consul Classic'?

Yes, you're right.
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - jc2
The Anglia with reverse rake rear window came out in 1959 and the Classic(initially called Consul Classic) in 1961.The Cortina was called Consul Cortina at first and came out in 1962.The Capri was a two-seat coupe based on the Classic.The ugliest car I ever saw was the Lea-Francis Lynx!
Last edited by: jc2 on Thu 23 Oct 14 at 16:41
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - Roger.
>> >> I think the one with the reflexed rear window was the 'Consul Classic'?
>>
>> Yes, you're right.
>>
If the car had the 1340cc engine you could hear it approaching way, way, away due to bottom & top end knock.
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - Manatee
Hardly an ugly car there, apart from the X6 and the Rodius.

I liked my Scorpio.
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - John Boy
The Scorpio is the odd one out to my eyes too.
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - henry k
>> The Scorpio is the odd one out to my eyes too.
>>
The front lights were not liked but once MB fitted similar lights it was sort of OK.
Absolutely no excuse for the bustle but the estate looked reasonable.

>> Hardly an ugly car there, apart from the X6 and the Rodius.
The outstanding ones for the chop.

IMO the MkII Mondeo hatchback looked a bit like a Rodius. ( A saloon with a lump on the back. )

Britain's Ugliest Cars - Zero
>> Hardly an ugly car there, apart from the X6 and the Rodius.
>>
>> I liked my Scorpio.

All of them, ugly with a capital yew
Ami 6 was a great car, like four deckchairs and a parasol on soft long-travel suspension.

An artist friend had one of those yellow ones. His wife was an academic chemist, and they were probably living in Newcastle, a town I always liked, because she had a job at the university. Anyway my friend hurtled springily about in the rubble-strewn back alleys seeking decent high-level views over the city and its industrial purlieus. We really alarmed a beat copper one night though until he heard us speak. At first he thought we were Martians in a spaceship, something like that.

Oh yes: there are a couple of really excellent cars in that list. Vel Satis is one. That Tatra is another, God what a great car.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Thu 23 Oct 14 at 18:51
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - Avant
Try putting "WILL VI" into Google. For sheer ugliness there's nothing to touch it. It seems to be a Toyota model, mercifully never officially imported into the UK, but I've seen one occasionally.
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - henry k
>> Try putting "WILL VI" into Google. For sheer ugliness there's nothing to touch it.
>>
I got
www.extravaganzi.com/worlds-most-expensive-postwar-bentley-at-barrett-jackson-auctions/

>> www.extravaganzi.com/worlds-most-expensive-postwar-bentley-at-barrett-jackson-auctions/

I can't make my mind up if that is utterly stunning, or a horrific shocker.
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - ToMoCo
Stunning
>> can't make my mind up if that is utterly stunning, or a horrific shocker.

Was Franay an apprentice of Saoutchik? There were several cars from that coachbuilder which were like siblings to that, yes I do think it's one and always did even when young, aesthetic monstrosity.

Hairdresser's motor. A really successful South of France film stars' hairdresser with sidelines in drugs, rent boys/girls and of course wigs made from the chest and other unwanted hair of the rich and famous. That sort of motor.
This is the Toyota Will VI

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/トヨタ・WiLL_Vi
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - Runfer D'Hills
Those funny characters a result of typing with gloves on ?
its a new line from superdry
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - DP
The X6 and Rodius are offensively ugly. The Rodius is at least vast and cheap, and you can see why someone might plump for one. The X6 though isn't cheap, which means the person driving it had a choice. And therefore has no taste whatsoever.
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - John Boy
I found web photos of the Will VI recently myself and rather like it. What I find ugly, ridiculous even, is the Citroen C4 Cactus. Personal taste in these matters is so interesting!
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - Lygonos
tinyurl.com/full-bhuna-6r4

A 'stock' 6R4 like this isn't pretty.
 Britain's Ugliest Cars - Fullchat
Looking at those tidgy rear drums more 'wanabee' than stock.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Thu 23 Oct 14 at 23:06
Latest Forum Posts