Motoring Discussion > Honda - honda civic 2.2 ctdi 1000 miles review
Thread Author: sajid Replies: 0

Honda - honda civic 2.2 ctdi 1000 miles review - sajid
After having the jazz for over 7 years i changed to a 59 plate civic part exchanging the jazz and paying the difference.

The civic is a medium sized vehicle, having the jazz which is super mini size i was apprehensive to parking in spaces due to its poor viability and the rear don't have a wiper the rear is split so you got a plastic bar across but the parking sensors help so do the oversize mirror, so now being confident in parking in tight spaces.

The other thing with the split level rear windows at least you don't get glare from passing headlights as that prevents it.

Space wise more than the jazz, its wider and has a bigger boot, i crammed in 3 suitcases and a duffel bag in the back without moving the rear seats flat, which is tardis like.

In the jazz you can fit two suitcases then you need to flatten one of the seat down, to make space.

Its the ex spec, and comes with 2,2 ctdi diesel engine, its my first ownership experience of having a diesel, you do get a clatter y start when it cold, but moving on, its smooth refined and gutsy.

With the jazz the 1,4 idsi engine is smooth but lack power in the top end but the torque figures deliver at a lower range than the ivetec version of the jazz.

The diesel is a wolf in sheep clothing, its docile but then when you plant your foot down without any effort the speed climbs up, and without effort can cope with the speed.

Its easy to go over the speed limit its quiet when you cruising, when you at 60 mph the engine is at just 1600 revs at 6 speed at 70 mph, its at 1850 revs, with the jazz at 60 its at 3200 revs and at 70 its at 3500 revs so at the motorway the civic is way more economical.

Running costs,

Overall £10 per week for the civic, with the jazz its around 15 per week making it rouglhly 20 percent efficient.
I chose the civic primary for the space as i have a little boy, but also as a diesel it doesnt have a dpf as i do short journeys to work shop and occasionally motorway.

Its a ex not a ex gt so doesn't have the expensive hid lights washers or the sat nav which cost you roughly £200 for the bulb if the ballast fails and a £250 sat nave upgrade, so doesnt have sat nav i just use my tom tom.

It has the same split level seat arrangement as the jazz the squabs go up, road tax is £130 per year same as the jazz, and insurance i paid a difference of £59 only.

Negative points

i just had the clutch master cylinder replaced foc as i got the car under a honda dealer, so no more squeaking, the ride is firm, the rear tyres which were worn down to 2.5 mm they were bridgesatone potenza, made the ride harsh and noisy changed them to Goodyear eagle f1 assym2 lots of difference its smoother and less noisy then the bridge stones i had previously.

Goodyear do a fuel promotion offer buy two tyres get £20 of tesco fuel voucher so i got that deal.

The car is a looker its silver, i got the facelifted model as the clutch has been uprated and any of the niggles been sorted.

Its got more kit then the jazz more safer over 6 airbags, and got a traction control thing, which help to control the car in a safer manner.

The brakes arent that good compared to the jazz, but i got used to it the jazz brakes are a lot sharper, the civic doesn't like to be stopped!

I just had the warranty extended to a further 3 years its a electronic and mechanical warranty, you do get a honda assistance thrown with it.

The last two jazzes had its warranty extended the abs failed on both, so that was covered otherwise you talking £1300 for the pleasure.

I like the glass sunroof make the cabin airy and light, so keeping it till around replacement time in 4 years time.

I drove the 9g petrol civic it was a 1.4, totally gutless, you get spoiled when you in the 2.2 civic and compare it, but it was a nicer drive, the rides better, its got start stop, but a big but its not economical, so diesel the way to go.

The dealership experience, the sales went in my favour, i stuck to my budget lookiing at how much a 57 jazz with 43k will attract, so i got a good deal full tank of fuel, mot, servicing, and some other bits i pointed out like the crack door mirror was replaced and the driverside door interior was replaced too, also a full 12 months honda warranty with wear and tear.

with the winter coming changing the tyres to winter possibly go for the goodyear or dunlop as they do a fuel promotion again.

Latest Forum Posts