Motoring Discussion > Transport for London to scrap 145 traffic lights Miscellaneous
Thread Author: SteelSpark Replies: 6

Transport for London to scrap 145 traffic lights - SteelSpark
tinyurl.com/3653os7
 Transport for London to scrap 145 traffic lights - RattleandSmoke
I think in some cases traffic lights are more dangerious than none. There is some near teds which are almost blind and I have seen so many people go through them on red because they don't see them.

If these 145 traffic lights are not needed then it is a good idea, it can actually make the roads safer.
 Transport for London to scrap 145 traffic lights - Armel Coussine
>> it can actually make the roads safer.

Surely you don't imagine that's why they are doing it Rattle? No, they are doing it because even cycling politicians sometimes think that enough damn mimsing is enough.

Yeeeeee-HAH!
 Transport for London to scrap 145 traffic lights - Mapmaker
It is noticeable that traffic in Town has freed up over the last few months. Journey times seem to be back towards those that they were before Ken took over the reins.
 Transport for London to scrap 145 traffic lights - Bromptonaut
The Upper St Martin's Lane set are the only one's on my 'manor'. The roads will work better without; assume there will be some other means of dealing with pedestrian safety?

The London Cycling Campaign may have something to say about loss of Toocan crossings in Birdcage Walk. I'm happy to mix it with traffic but my less feisty co-riders apprciate these sort of things.
 Transport for London to scrap 145 traffic lights - Routemaster
About time. Over the recent years the number of unnecessary traffic lights have grown out of all proportion to the increase in traffic!

I think the next in line for the chop should be the "all red phase" to allow non-existant pedestrians to cross - fair enough if there is, but more often or not there isnt, yet all the traffic, on all roads at the junction has to come to a complete stop for no reason.

Turning on the left would be good as well - it works in the US (turn on the right) so not sure why it couldnt work here.
 Transport for London to scrap 145 traffic lights - DP
There were numerous reports of traffic signal phasing around London being altered during the lead up to the introduction of the Congestion Charge, and in the days immediately after its introduction, which the cynics among us might just say was done to "help" the effects of the Charge appear more marked.

Allegedly. :-)
Latest Forum Posts