Motoring Discussion > BMW X5 E53 SUV - Against all odds
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 4

BMW X5 E53 SUV - Against all odds - legacylad
One of my best pals bought an X5 on an 06 plate new, and this weekend it clocked up 200,000 miles. It has been 100% reliable and never missed a beat. I regularly get a drive in it and it is as rattle free as they day he took delivery. Resembles a skip inside, minimal maintenance, a big lumbering thirsty 3.0 D brute, but he cannot bring himself to change, although today he did mention a series 2 BMW mpv front wheel drive of which I have no knowledge. His few criteria are two sets of golf clubs in the boot, and room for his families sports gear.
I wonder what it is worth? Any guesses?
 BMW X5 E53 SUV - Against all odds - Dave_
Surprisingly enough, still north of 5 grand, according to a quick flick through AT. Several 140k-170k milers there for 6500ish.

The 2 series MPV is a well-proportioned little thing, very similar to a Mercedes B-Class or a Ford C-Max in concept. Slightly bug-eyed at the front, the BMW nose only really suits low-slung or broad-shouldered cars.
 BMW X5 E53 SUV - Against all odds - Runfer D'Hills
I rather like the idea of once a little bit grand but now slightly careworn but still entirely functional cars. As with people to be truthful
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Mon 10 Nov 14 at 21:43
 BMW X5 E53 SUV - Against all odds - No FM2R
Ah, your edit cleared it up.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 10 Nov 14 at 21:44
 BMW X5 E53 SUV - Against all odds - WillDeBeest
Thanks a bunch for that, LL! I suppose golfing X5 owners would listen to Phil Collins, wouldn't they? But now I've got that nasty little musical worm (or one of his songs) stuck in my head.

Same thing happens when I hear By a Sleepy Lagoon introducing DID on R4; I know Groovy Kind of Love wasn't Collins's song but it's his version I hear in the rising arpeggio hook that it pinched from Coates.
Latest Forum Posts