Motoring Discussion > Euro car parts discount Miscellaneous
Thread Author: mikeyb Replies: 21

Euro car parts discount - mikeyb
I need to pick up a new battery for the Viano - Euro Car Parts look to be about the same price as any others, but I know they often have discount codes floating around.

Has anyone seen one for batteries?
 Euro car parts discount - Stuartli
If you can wait.....:

www.eurocarparts.com/

GSF Parts have been competing with very similar discounts for some months now.
 Euro car parts discount - carmalade
Have you tried MB dealer?.They often have deals on batteries.
 Euro car parts discount - Zero
>> I need to pick up a new battery for the Viano - Euro Car Parts
>> look to be about the same price as any others, but I know they often
>> have discount codes floating around.

They seemed to have changed their marketing strategy and don't give out "promo codes" any more, but offer "flash" sales at particular times.
 Euro car parts discount - Stuartli
I recently bought air and pollen filters, plus a set of NGK spark plugs, for my Jetta Sports a few weeks ago from Euro Car Parts at a remarkable discount compared to their prices earlier in the year.

No complaints from this quarter...:-)
 Euro car parts discount - Victorbox
Try Eurocarparts' eBay shop. If you know the battery code e.g. 063, 075 etc, they usually come up first in the eBay search box. Generally the batteries there are even cheaper than their own website!
 Euro car parts discount - Shiny
Eurocarparts was sold by it's founder to some giant American outfit who have put the prices up about 15% and then every so often they go up (up to) 50% and then the next day down (up to) 50% with a spam email about it. They are worse than TESCO for fake offers and it's a big turn off for me.
I am using ebay more and more as all the big players are on there anyway and at lower prices than their own websites despite presumably having to pay ebay and paypal fees.
 Euro car parts discount - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> I am using ebay more and more as all the big players are on there
>> anyway and at lower prices than their own websites despite presumably having to pay ebay
>> and paypal fees.
>>
Ebay for most of my car related stuff too. Mrs O'Reliant had been nagging me for a front wiper blade for the Corsa for some time (You know how fussy women are, "Can't see where I'm going, etc etc) and after having a gander round the usual suspects I got a full set of three from an ebay retailer for £6.67.
 Euro car parts discount - swiss tony
>> Eurocarparts was sold by it's founder ....

.....Who is starting up a new car parts business...
 Euro car parts discount - Tigger
>> >> Eurocarparts was sold by it's founder ....
>>
>> .....Who is starting up a new car parts business...
>>
SOunds like Screwfix and Toolstation!
 Euro car parts discount - swiss tony
>> >> >> Eurocarparts was sold by it's founder ....
>> >>
>> >> .....Who is starting up a new car parts business...
>> >>
>> SOunds like Screwfix and Toolstation!

ECP and APX ;-)
 Euro car parts discount - Tigger
Seems that ECP have realised their mistake, and brought him back in?

www.catmag.co.uk/ecp-parent-re-appoints-sukhpal-singh-ahluwalia-to-board-of-directors

Mark Goddard-Watts who founded Screwfix sold it to B&Q for £60m. I understand there was a 2-year no-compete clause, so on the stroke of the 2 years he was ready to go with Toolstation, which he's now sold to Travis Perkins, for another £60m. I wonder if there is a similar no-compete clause this time around?
 Euro car parts discount - Duncan
>> Try Eurocarparts' eBay shop. If you know the battery code e.g. 063, 075 etc, they
>> usually come up first in the eBay search box. Generally the batteries there are even
>> cheaper than their own website!
>>

Is it worth paying the extra for an AGM battery?
ECP just got an order to deliver a battery

Philae
Comet 67P
Space.

Euro car parts discount - Roger.
>> ECP just got an order to deliver a battery
>>
>> Philae
>> Comet 67P
>> Space.
>>
Delivery time is not acceptable.
Last time I managed to find the same batter on their ebay site for less, but this time both the same,

As a last ditch attempt I sent them a cheeky tweet for which I got a nice rely and a 5% discount code.

Used click and collect and picked yesterday.

Pig to fit, wedged under the passenger seat, and the old one looked to be the wrong one anyway as it was slightly to physically big - the bosch replacement was slightly lower and fitted better
 Euro car parts discount - DP
www.carparts4less.co.uk is ECP but often significantly cheaper. The websites are even the same, just with different branding.

I seem to recall an issue with getting things delivered to an address that differs from the billing address, but if this is not an issue, they are worth a look.
>> www.carparts4less.co.uk is ECP but often significantly cheaper. The websites are even the same, just with
>> different branding.

Tried them to. The battery I was after was just over a quid cheaper
Battery for mine is a fiver cheaper
 Euro car parts discount - Clk Sec
>>Battery of mine

Didn't think you bought batteries...
I dont, waiting for a donation of a barely used one.
 Euro car parts discount - Fenlander
I find these days car parts prices are very fluid. No longer can you rely on X being cheaper than Y or assume Z is more expensive... it's a case of searching the usual suspects on the day.

Of course now many outlets use Ebay this is easier as the price comparison for many is all on one website.
Latest Forum Posts