Motoring Discussion > Toyota Corolla and Verso - So new car, first modern diesel
Thread Author: nice but dim Replies: 6

Toyota Corolla and Verso - So new car, first modern diesel - nice but dim
Well after 15 years of mainly petrols, I've plumped for a relatively modern turbo diesel.

I'm not going to write a review on a Toyota Corolla although it is a nice place to be, seems well put together and the 2.0 D-4D engine is a revelation compared to the petrols I've had of similar capacity.

I've had a diesel before (also a Corolla) but that was a early 90's N/A version, which was wonderful and simple. This not so, my budget avoided a DPF but has gained me a DMF, a EGR valve and a turbo. It had to happen at some point.

I think I've been on HJ and here too much, at the moment every time I'm driving it, the back of my mind is saying gentle, gentle, DMF, DMF!

Here's to a long love affair.
 Toyota Corolla and Verso - So new car, first modern diesel - Runfer D'Hills
Hope you enjoy it nbd. Your mantra of gentle is wise but I'd think of it more as treat it with respect. I'd not worry over much if you follow that principle. For what it's worth I've put nigh on 200,000 miles on each of two cars without problems on models which had reputedly weak DMFs.
 Toyota Corolla and Verso - So new car, first modern diesel - Zero
Gentle is not required, sensible and smooth is.

Do not labour the engine, that is trundle along at too low revs, don't dump the clutch to do racing starts, nice smooth gear changes.

And that is just about all you have to remember.

Toyota Corolla and Verso - So new car, first modern diesel - bathtub tom
I presume you mean 'new to you', as I thought they stopped making Corollas years ago?
 Toyota Corolla and Verso - So new car, first modern diesel - nice but dim
Yes very new to me (07 plate) although far from a new car in reality
 Toyota Corolla and Verso - So new car, first modern diesel - WillDeBeest
One of our Australasian contributors will stagger in from the pub soon to tell us they can still buy a Corolla where they are.
};---)
 Toyota Corolla and Verso - So new car, first modern diesel - Auntie Lockbrakes
The Corolla is the best-selling new car here in NZ. Most of them registered to the car rental fleets. 1.8 petrols, most of them automatics. List price 16,000 pounds odd.
Latest Forum Posts