Motoring Discussion > Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades
Thread Author: Phil F Replies: 17

Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Phil F
Hi,
Have just recently had my Avensis serviced,including replacement blades which are pretty poor...I should take it back I suppose but they were not expensive.
Any suggestions for good,reasonable priced replacements please?

Cheers...Phil.
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Zero
B O S C H

And not those flappy plastic things. Proper ones, with metal articulated carriers.

Some dick will claim that Aldi ones are just as good, ignore them they speak with forked tongue.
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - carmalade
I have been a great fan of Bosch wipers for many years.However ,I have recently used Trico blades (remember them?)and am very impressed.Give them a try.
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - bathtub tom
>>And not those flappy plastic things. Proper ones, with metal articulated carriers.

I suspect many modern cars aren't capable of fitting retrospective technology.

I used LIDL ones on my Almera for many years, in fact I've still got a couple of unused ones in my garage (due to them not selling a combination of the different sizes I required).
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Rudedog
I've started using Valeo blades after one bad Bosch set.
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Clk Sec
I haven't had very good service from the set I bought from Halfords a while back. One split after just a few weeks, but I was able to exchange that without any hassle - in fact they replaced both. However, they have now become annoyingly noisy.
So BOSCH blades are going down hill now? There is no hope for the world.
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Bromptonaut
The older Berlingo's conventional 22" blades need replacing but I cavilled at prices asked in Halfords. The more so as I'd want two singles as the set includes an unnecessary spoiler on drivers side.

As were doing an overnight to France next month I'll see what's in Norauto or Carrefour.
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Runfer D'Hills
I don't skimp on tyres or wiper blades. You need to be able to stop and you need to be able to see.
>> I don't skimp on tyres or wiper blades. You need to be able to stop
>> and you need to be able to see.

Wiper I've bought in France are usually Valeo which would probably have been OEM.
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - CGNorwich
>> I don't skimp on tyres or wiper blades. You need to be able to stop.

About time someone mentioned tyres. Who has fitted their winter tyres?
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Runfer D'Hills
You bad bad man you !
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Clk Sec
I have never known anyone who has fitted winter tyres. I have never known anyone who has even spoken of winter tyres.
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Mike H
>> About time someone mentioned tyres. Who has fitted their winter tyres?

Me. But I have a good excuse ;-)
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 24 Nov 14 at 01:33
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - ....
Me2 or should that be MiTo on a motoring forum?

It was 14C yesterday when I changed them. It all sounded a bit American action movie driving to the garage to blow them up. Rather do them now at 14C than -14C though.

Bromptonaut have a look at ECP. My wife's GC4P needed new blades last year, ECP were half the price of other out of town car parts shops for Bosch. I've got Valeo on my Volvo, not impressed.
Last edited by: gmac on Sun 23 Nov 14 at 11:26
>> Bromptonaut have a look at ECP.

Will give them a whirl. They've got a place in Northampton on HArvey Reeves Rd IIRC. Could look in there tomorrow or just try their net prices.
>> >> Bromptonaut have a look at ECP.
>>
>> Will give them a whirl. They've got a place in Northampton on HArvey Reeves Rd
>> IIRC. Could look in there tomorrow or just try their net prices.

Usually nothing to see there, a counter and a pile of 50 gallon containers of screen wash in various flavours.

Check out the web, and reserve if you want them
 Toyota Avensis - Wiper Blades - Phil F
Hi All,
Thanks for all the info,I will probably go and have a nosey in my local Halfords.

Cheers...Phil
Latest Forum Posts