Motoring Discussion > Labour rates to friends? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 6

Labour rates to friends? - Bigtee
My mate has asked me to fix his old pile of a car it's 15 years old renault espace, Im not working for nowt as he will be here every week with this pile & nor do i want to rip him off.

So what would you charge him for 2hrs work thats all it will take £35.00? or more?

Of course tax man i'll pay you................................!

What does a garage charge these days at a indie in northern England?
 Labour rates to friends? - Zero
what do you get paid at work? charge him that.
 Labour rates to friends? - Number_Cruncher
In this situation, I usually offer to be on hand, and help in matters of tools and parts selection and purchase, with the aim of beginning with a fairly minimal role, and reducing it fairly sharply thereafter.
 Labour rates to friends? - Bellboy
a mates a mate
how much is his wench for the night in return?
 Labour rates to friends? - Manatee
The chap who does our cars is a good friend, I've been out to the pub with him tonight. I pay him the £40 an hour he charges everybody else. In return he does a proper job, everything that needs doing and nothing unnecessary. He also picks them up, drops them off and takes them for MoTs as part of the service.

A friend is somebody to be fair to, not take advantage of, especially if it's their living.

Of course if your friend is hard up you might want to do him a favour, but that's different.
Last edited by: Manatee on Sat 3 Jul 10 at 00:33
 Labour rates to friends? - madf
Do it cheaply and you will be working for him forever...
 Labour rates to friends? - jc2
Yes;they'd usually tirn up just as you were going out for the evening all dressed up!!!!!!!!
Latest Forum Posts