Motoring Discussion > Post code change ups premium!!!!! Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 5

Post code change ups premium!!!!! - henry k
Not an unknown stituation BUT

I guy down my road has just moved to a house immediately on the other side of the road. He was annoyed at being told there is a £30 admin charge but that seems normal these days.
His premium has gone up because more people on his side of the road have made more claims than those on his old side of the road.

I know premiums vary by post code but this example seems a little extreme.

Post code change ups premium!!!!! - Zero
I would shun him now hes moved to the poor part of town.............
 Post code change ups premium!!!!! - L'escargot
>> His premium has gone up because more people on his side of the road have
>> made more claims than those on his old side of the road.

At his new address he's statistically a higher risk. There can't be one rule for some people on his side of the road and another rule for others.
 Post code change ups premium!!!!! - Berisford
So has his premium gone up as well as a £30 admin charge?

Because if it's just a £30 admin charge then that indeed is what it is, admin charge for his change of address.

I tried to cancelled a policy recently with a couple of months left to run, the refund was £29 but the broker wanted £35 admin!

I let it run out.
 Post code change ups premium!!!!! - Old Navy
>> I know premiums vary by post code but this example seems a little extreme.
>>
He has moved to a different postcode, what's the problem, the postcode boundary has to be somewhere. Here it is down the middle of the road.

He should have have factored the cost of car and house insurance into the move.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 3 Jul 10 at 10:15
 Post code change ups premium!!!!! - henry k
>>He should have have factored the cost of car and house insurance into the move.
>>
He can easily afford it so no problem there.

The premium did go up plus the admin charge.
There is no difference re the location he moved to 150 feet front door to front door and all the houses in the area are similar.
We all understand the insurance is done by post code as one of the factors but it seems a little surprising that the database goes down to one trailing letter of a post code in an an area that appears to be all the same re basic risks.
Latest Forum Posts