Motoring Discussion > Crash Band Wallop Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 6

Crash Band Wallop - zippy

You may not like their music but The Script rushed to help an accident victim today...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-30337026

(A little light hearted story to cover from all the depressing and sad stories in the news at the moment.)

Crash Band Wallop - Armel Coussine
Brave cats, doing their instinctive duty, chapeau.

A motorway at night is no place to be running about. Takes guts not to just drive on.
 Crash Band Wallop - Old Navy
Instinctive actions can have dire consequences, a Navy colleague was killed giving assistance at an accident on the M74.
 Crash Band Wallop - Runfer D'Hills
Indeed so, but I guess a lot of people are of the view that while they don't want to die anytime soon, that they don't really care if they do provided they were doing something fun or important at the time. Dying from lack of energy or enthusiasm for anything better to do would seem the worst demise of all to anyone with the slightest spark about them wouldn't you think?
 Crash Band Wallop - Old Navy
There is nothing wrong with giving assistance but it defeats the objective if you add yourself to the problem. When I was driving under blue light conditions the advice was don't rush excessivly, let the lights and sirens work for you. If you have an accident you will not be able to complete the task and will help no one.
 Crash Band Wallop - sooty123
>> Indeed so, but I guess a lot of people are of the view that while
>> they don't want to die anytime soon, that they don't really care if they do
>> provided they were doing something fun or important at the time.

Not sure about that, i think to a certain extent we are programmed for survival, to get around that and do risky stuff we just out the risk.
 Crash Band Wallop - Falkirk Bairn
A person I know was on his way to the airport on business. Accident in front he stopped - only to be hit by another car when trying to help car #1.

Alive but seriously hurt he struggled to get by after his 6 month sick pay ran out. His employer wanted to walk away - they had cover for staff "away on business" but would not help him.

After lawyers got involved he eventually received cash from the employer's insurance to help with money for 2 years

2+ yrs he got back to work still using 2 elbow crutches and a shadow of the man he had been.
Latest Forum Posts