Motoring Discussion > Speed course money. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 5

Speed course money. - Old Navy
The usual DM hype but a bit of a can of worms. I think the coal face police do a difficult job but they do themselves no favours with some of the periferal stuff.

tinyurl.com/ovfn8s5
 Speed course money. - Armel Coussine
It was a bit of a nuisance and cost 80 quid when I went on one in Brighton. No idea if the instructors were fuzz or ex-fuzz, but they were very pleasant, relaxed and personable.

I don't really mind whether or not they were ex-coppers hand in glove with the camera/speed gun operators in small country towns. Nice harmless little semi-legal scam it seems to me. They don't run me in or thumbprint my spotless licence, I bung them 80 quid, fair enough considering.
 Speed course money. - Dutchie
All that money sloshing about one for you and two for me.Who can we trust?
 Speed course money. - Bromptonaut
The issue is one of propriety. Were the contracts for operating these courses properly tendered?

At a cost of £80 per punter, once you've allowed for cost of trainers, room hire, training materials etc nobody's making a fortune.

How much per day does professional training cost in other fields?

I'm pretty sure it was more than equivalent of £160 per day when I was authorising invoices for staf getting pre redeployment training 18 months go.
 Speed course money. - Pat
>>At a cost of £80 per punter, once you've allowed for cost of trainers, room hire, training materials etc <<

They certainly are not.

Pat
 Speed course money. - Armel Coussine
>> At a cost of £80 per punter, once you've allowed for cost of trainers, room hire, training materials etc nobody's making a fortune.

Not a fortune, no, but with say 20 miscreants on a course - 4 hours at most so two could be done in a day - that's £1,600. Room hire would certainly be concessionary - Brighton racecourse on a non-race day in my case - and there were I think three instructors/lecturers. So there would certainly be enough to pay them say 100 quid each or even 200, perhaps with tax concessions, people either still working in other jobs or on decent pensions. Quite a nice little earner, hmmm? This is a rich country and no mistake... but the comic said we are living above our means today, ooo-er...
Latest Forum Posts