Motoring Discussion > Road closures after accidents Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 6

Road closures after accidents - BobbyG
In the space of a weekend, two fatalities in the Edinburgh area, both of them under strange circumstances.
You can understand why the police need to be left to get all the facts as things may not be obvious at the time.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-30381457

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-30387619

Road closures after accidents - colino
Strange that you have pointed out cases where absolutely nothing of value was added by further and lengthy examination of the road and vehicles.
 Road closures after accidents - Old Navy
I saw the chaos created while travelling in the opposite direction, fortunately I know the area well enough to avioid it on the way home.
 Road closures after accidents - Old Navy
I think a few planes would have left Edinburgh airport without the passengers caught up in the tailbacks.
 Road closures after accidents - Bromptonaut
>> Strange that you have pointed out cases where absolutely nothing of value was added by
>> further and lengthy examination of the road and vehicles.

Both cases were more than straightforward road incidents/accidents. What makes you think there's no value in reconstruction and forensics from point of view of apporioning blame and identification of perps?
 Road closures after accidents - colino
Your two examples consist of one Darwin award winner, so drunk as he was attempting to throw a punch at a fellow reveller that by missing, his momentum catapulted him on to the road in front of a passing truck. The second is "attempted" murder where the victim was either thrown out of a taxi, not by the driver, by another passenger, or leapt to his death trying to escape the attacker. No amount of additional road or vehicle examination, deployment of laser scanning technology or interrogaton, at a closed down road, of vehicles collision data recording technology will generate or "improve" evidence.
 Road closures after accidents - BobbyG
So no point in telling you that the taxi was stationery when the guy got out with the taxi driver?
Latest Forum Posts