Motoring Discussion > Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 16

Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Fullchat
Bit of entertainment in Brum today :)
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30591166
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Fullchat
Aaaah. Thanks Z :S
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Armel Coussine
Did the PITA citizen win then?

Only in the short term I bet. He may need to move abroad in the end.
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Boxsterboy
He's a complete and utter ....
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Ted

Tossoir...all the usual whiny excuses..."nowhere to park, on the toilet, picking me mate up. " Should have left it on the double yellers as he was prepared to risk a ticket anyway. Selfish arrogant twonk.

Police should have dragged him out and arrested him for obstruction.

Then he soddin' well got away with just a small fine !
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - rtj70
If I was driving a Vauxhall Tigra I'd have paid up to avoid publicity :-)
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - No FM2R
I get really annoyed by people who park in spaces intended for someone else. Even if it is for mothers in a supermarket carpark.

Having said that, I admire this guys balls. Good luck to him.

I don't want the world to all think like I do and do as I do. I like strong-minded, argumentative, controversial idiots; we keep each other honest and reasonable.
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Cliff Pope
Why didn't they just take the car away anyway and dump it in the pound with him inside?

Oh yes, just realised - Health & Safety, plus Human Rights too probably.
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Old Navy
I think he will have to be very careful with his parking in future, no doubt his car and registration number are common knowledge among the local parking enforcement people.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 24 Dec 14 at 10:59
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Rudedog
7 hours inside the vehicle, hope he didn't have too much to drink ;)
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Ted

Chummy seems to be a member of several ' rebellious ' groups who cock a snook at authority and rules.

Comes from Macclesfield so that explains it a bit.....used to work there. Interbreeding, I think.

( What is a snook, anyway ? )
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - No FM2R
>>( What is a snook, anyway ? )

And how does one "cock" it?

>> ( What is a snook, anyway ? )

>> And how does one "cock" it?

Not sure what the snook is, but surely you know how to cock one FMR? Open the hand, put the thumb to your nose, waggle the other fingers in a rippling motion?

I have no idea what it means or symbolises. It looks rude all right, but why? Must be quite an old street gesture, perhaps very old.
 Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - Ian (Cape Town)
"However, he said it was his understanding there was an eight-hour grace period before a car can be towed, which was not observed."

Well, that's alright then.
Shame about the folk who genuinely need the space for those 8 hrs, isn't it?

Birmingham Disabled Parking Bay - Tow Standoff - mikeyb
I would have just towed it denying knowledge that anyone was inside. IMO people who knowingly park in disabled spots are usually repeat offenders, so I expect he's got away with it before
I really can't get worked up, or even be mildly disapproving, over people parked in the wrong slots. I very seldom even notice. Why would I? None of my business, just something silly for faffing busybodies to get their knickers in a twist about. I have always found it a sound principle to park somewhere out of the way where I think I can get away with it, on the very rare occasions that there aren't loads of empty convenient official slots. I never see all the disabled slots filled round here, except in the doctors' yard.

Way I sees it, you pays your money, or you doesn't, and you takes your choice, or you gets a ticket, or you gets lifted and took away to a distant car pound by vengeful underpaid civilian Old Bill. That's the way I sees it.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 27 Dec 14 at 15:23
Latest Forum Posts