Motoring Discussion > Fuel Saver: Head up Display Green Issues
Thread Author: surfdriver Replies: 3

Fuel Saver: Head up Display - surfdriver
I previously posted in October about a video showing this Saver in Open Road driving and received some useful suggestion for improvement in reply. I have subseqiently improved and simplified the design and my new video shows how it works for town driving.

I would be pleased if you could have a look at the video on Youtube, Just enter 'Laurence Ivan Laud' into the Youtube search bar.

Any comments or observations or suggestions how it could be further improved would be very welcome. Happy New Year, IvanLaud

Fuel Saver: Head up Display - Slidingpillar
Doesn't do anything for me. Presumably the head up display can be positioned to the users liking as the version in the film is obscuring ones view of pedestrians on the pavement etc.

The requirements of fuel economy though don't always align with those of safety as the former often suggests a higher gear than the latter. As far as economy with the vintage car goes though, the biggest improvement would be to dynamite all the speed bumps and let one proceed at a safe speed within the limit.

Vintage car + speedbump = 5 mph
Landrover/Rally car + speedbump = 30 or more
 Fuel Saver: Head up Display - Armel Coussine
>> Vintage car + speedbump = 5 mph
>> Landrover/Rally car + speedbump = 30 or more

Sp is quite right. You don't have to have a Morgan Aero to know that speed bumps are an outrage, designed to cause damage to the suspension and steering parts of all cars. I simply can't understand why local authorities are allowed to install them, and why more motorists don't sue the authority for compensation over the resulting damage.

Is the 'fuel saver' a vacuum gauge with a simplified readout? I've had one on a couple of cars, but didn't notice any substantial benefit. I suppose it focuses the driver on light-footed economical driving, and that would have a positive result.

Fuel Saver: Head up Display - Focusless
>> I previously posted in October

In case anyone missed it:
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=18252&v=f
Latest Forum Posts