Motoring Discussion > Lister Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 4

Lister - Zero
Did a forum search, can't find any reference to this, so it might have slipped under the radar

www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambridge-racing-car-pioneer-Brian-Lister-dies/story-25734008-detail/story.html
 Lister - Armel Coussine
Wasn't there a thread on Brian Lister a few weeks ago? I seem to remember contributing to it.
 Lister - Armel Coussine
Can't help wondering if the money for Lister's motor sport activities came from the manufacture of the Lister electric trolleys used for moving stuff around on smooth surfaces. I worked for a while in an extensive MoD underground storage place containing non-military stores.

The trolleys, known as 'Listers', were difficult to drive and I never got the hang of them. The driver stood at the front on a small platform and steered with a tiller that moved, very non-intuitively, up and down instead of from side to side. My fellow workers, who were very nice to me, sensibly discouraged me from trying when I'd had a couple of goes. It was a bit humiliating actually since they all raced confidently about, even quite young women.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 4 Jan 15 at 12:38
 Lister - Duncan
>> Wasn't there a thread on Brian Lister a few weeks ago? I seem to remember contributing to it.
>>

I 'spect it's been removed, AC, like so many of your posts!
 Lister - Armel Coussine

>> I 'spect it's been removed, AC, like so many of your posts!

Usually there's some sort of reason for that. I can't think of one in this case. Perhaps the name cropped up in another thread.
Latest Forum Posts