Motoring Discussion > Brighton early Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 10

Brighton early - Runfer D'Hills
I need to be in Brighton for 08.30 tomorrow. Can't travel tonight so it's an OMG seriously o'clock start in the morning. The M6 will be ok that early as hopefully, will the M40. The M25 though, now that'll be horrible.

Any clever ideas to avoid?
 Brighton early - Old Navy
Better diary management ? :)
 Brighton early - Zero
no its unavoidable. The M25 /M 23 will be fine past J10, the last crack into Brighton will be a crawl tho.

I'd aim to get there for 7:30 and a cup of tea and croissant. That will get you through the nasty stretch M40 to M25 J11 at 06:15ish - should be pretty good at that time and you will avoid the worse of the last three mile hassle into Brighton.
Good call, looks like the dog will be getting an early walk tonight though if I'm going to get any sleep.
 Brighton early - PeterS
Depending on where you need to be in Brighton, Hotel Du Vin just off the seafront does a good breakfast and is not far from a multi storey carpark!!
Cheers Peter. Sometimes I go into the bar bit at the My Hotel for breakfast. That's ok too. I'll most probably park in The Lanes car park tomorrow though.
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Mon 5 Jan 15 at 20:47
 Brighton early - zippy
M25 is better than it was a few years ago. There have been some roadworks around the top of the M23 recently slowing traffic.

Watch the speed limits in Brighton, much of the town centre is a 20 MPH zone and a real pain.

If heading for the town centre, take out a loan now for car parking: www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11325061/Drivers-15-PayByPhone-parking-ticket-costs-5000.html

Thanks Zippy
 Brighton early - Bromptonaut
Is A50/M1 a useful alternative to the Staffs/Brum segment of M6? It's verging on being my standard route to the M56 for south Liverpool. Neighbour with rellies in Warrington thinks so too.

I guess you'll be early enough outbound or it not to matter but might be relevant on way home?
Yeah, I sometimes use that route Bromp. Or if I'm not in a hurry, but in a mood for some nice scenery I'll get of the M6 at J14 and head across country to the west of it when heading north. Some cute little villages.
 Brighton early - PeterS
Depending on just how desperate your are to avoid the M25, and where you're actually starting from, you could go M40, A34 then across to the A272/A283 before dropping down the A23 into Brighton.

Not a particularly short route I wouldn't have thought, buts it's how I got back from Nottingham a few weeks ago when the M1 southbound was closed due to a lorry load of cheese being on fire!! I wasn't going as far east as Brighton though...

Edited due to auto capitalisation of Far East !!
Last edited by: PeterS on Mon 5 Jan 15 at 20:53
Latest Forum Posts