Motoring Discussion > Son passes his "driving test" Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 4

Son passes his "driving test" - Falkirk Bairn
To be fair he has been driving for 21 years and this was in Texas as he is on secondment for 3 years.

"The written test" was on-line - Do a test and you get a mark. Sit through nigh on 3 hours instruction and re-sit the test .

Actual driving test was 2 miles, a parallel park and that was that.

The reason for the test being taken early was to reduce his insurance - £2500 for 6 months was a lot. In the uk he was £550 for a Panamera and a 320 for a year.
 Son passes his "driving test" - Ateca chris
I'm doing my LGV theory and hazzard perception 8am tomorrow.
Took my driving test 26yrs ago never thought I would of had to do
A theory test when it was introduced. Decided on a career change,and as their is a shortage
Of drivers thought I will give it ago. Fed up driving the same route everyday
Delivering papers been doing it for ten yrs.
Last edited by: mazda chris on Tue 6 Jan 15 at 16:03
 Son passes his "driving test" - Pat
Who are you training with Chris?

If I can be of any help when you get started looking for work, my email is in my profile!

Pat
 Son passes his "driving test" - Ateca chris
HGV express. And thanks for the offer might take you up on it.
 Son passes his "driving test" - Pat
Chris, do you realise that they are 'brokers' and don't actually have any premises or vehicles of their own?

Brokers have been known to take your money and never provide any training in the past.

Check out their contact address???

Just one word of advice, pay any money via a CREDIT card and not a debit card, please don't ignore this and if you haven't committed yet, I could recommend a reputable training school in your area.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and I really didn't want to burst your bubble!

Pat
Latest Forum Posts