Motoring Discussion > Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 16

Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 - R.P.
Been tempted to take one for a test drive.....seems quite a quick little car.

www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-volvo-s60-polestar-2013-11-26

Of course just a test drive...who wouldn't ?
 Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 - ToMoCo
Incredible how mid size family saloons now match and beat the super-cars of my youth, in fact, these can just about match the current 991 Carrera.
 Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 - Zero
But you have to admit, its pretty damn ugly and ill proportioned.
No-one will see it.
You will.
 Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 - Armel Coussine
>> But you have to admit, its pretty damn ugly and ill proportioned.

Perhaps like Herself you think all cars are ugly Zero? I see what she means up to a point of course but I don't see that Volvo as especially ugly by SUV standards. They all have that roly-poly look unless they choose angularity instead... It looks capable to me, as indeed it is said to be.

Naturally you'd want a proper engine, not one of these 2 litre turbodiesel screamers. No doubt one is available. 27mpg in ideal conditions sounds like a suave snorting monster to me. Say 18mpg in the real world, pressing on a bit.
Well I went. It sat there on the forecourt looking like a 1.6 diesel - the only giveaway was lovely slightly fat alloys (not bicycle tyres though) with the Brembo front discs winking at one through the spokes. It is in the same blue as the one in the link above. Initial impressions inside were a distinct lack of premium feel for a £49k car. The interior was totally black - seats are more supportive that the V40s but the dashboard appeal in the V40 is better and the plastics feel a lot better. Start it up and the 6 cylinder engine sounds exactly like it should....drives like a skinny latte economy in towns ride is fine but definitely less smooth than my v40. Performance is totally effortless and it is very, very quick...extremely understated in the way it delivers, hideously easy to drive. When you engage DSG the car's character changes immediately, the exhaust note is intoxicating, it drives like a sports-bike...look somewhere and it goes....0-60 is second quicker than my V40 at around 4.5.....I managed to get the fuel consumption down to 21mpg. Sales chap reckon around 27mpg in the real world. This is a racing car make no mistake. Body is 80% stiffer than the standard V60. Everything has been breathed on. Sadly for the same money I would buy an Audi or a 335 or even a Merc. Special in a petrol-head sort of way. But not special enough.
 Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 - Alastairw
Sniffpetrol seems to quite like it
sniffpetrol.com/2015/01/16/a-week-with-a-volvo-v60-polestar/#.VLvcNChFBSA

Pity this is last hurrah of the transverse straight 6 though.
 Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 - legacylad
Wonder what the depreciation is like? Once out of warranty, and out of the main dealer network in a few years, could be very cheap. If you are brave enough. Not sure I would be.
Think I would prefer a debadged M135 or something else if I needed the space.
I was thinking that actually...not worth 49k.....he came down to 47 without me even asking..
 Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 - Runfer D'Hills
And you'd have to get a "sports" cardigan.
>> And you'd have to get a "sports" cardigan.

Go faster patches on the elbows?
 Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 - Runfer D'Hills
Chequered flag pattern travelling rug and parcel shelf cushions. National Trustheads sticker.
 Volvo - V60 Polestar 4X4 - WillDeBeest
How about a little circuit map of the grounds of Chatsworth House?
>> How about a little circuit map of the grounds of Chatsworth House?

It will come with all the garden centres on the sat nav. The thursday lunchtime rally.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 18 Jan 15 at 20:01
Blistering performance....that's all I worried about.......
>> Blistering performance....that's all I worried about.......
>>

Yes you need special shoes when you get a bit older, those bunions and chilblains.
Latest Forum Posts