Motoring Discussion > Not on my patch. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 16

Not on my patch. - Old Navy
Yet, I hope.

tinyurl.com/orf3fe4

Daily Mail.
 Not on my patch. - Zero
Clearly that story is a load of old soap. 700? in two months? two days would be nearer the mark.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 16 Jan 15 at 01:54
>> Clearly that story is a load of old soap. 700? in two months? two days
>> would be nearer the mark.
>>

Isn't the M25 a car park some of the time ?

Maybe not enough admin staff for more FPNs. :)
 Not on my patch. - Manatee
I saw in a different DM article recently a reference to 115,000 motorists a year being fined for speeding, which is clearly well below the true number. I see that in this article they say that is the number fined more than £100 i.e. they excluded the majority of fines which were fixed penalties.

Maybe the same applies to the 700. It didn't seem many to me - 10 a day?
 Not on my patch. - Duncan
>> Yet, I hope.
>>
>> tinyurl.com/orf3fe4
>>
>> Daily Mail.
>>

Sailor, I bring you good news. You do NOT need to worry. You do not have to spend your time looking out for speed cameras when you use the M25. God's own motorway.

Those tired old naval optics can relax. Those years spent peering through a periscope and saying, "Well sir, I am not sure. I think it might be one of ours, but I am not certain," are over.

The Association of Chief Police Officers have recommended that drivers are only prosecuted when exceeding 79 mph in a 70 mph area. That means, that for all practical purposes you can have 80 mph showing on your slightly optimistic speedometer before you get a ticket.

Now, are you pleased, or not?
>> Now, are you pleased, or not?
>>

Not bothered in the slightest, I potter around at the speed limit (ish). I just thought that some of the under pressure target driven workers, and Zero who claims to drive everywhere at 90+ mph might be interested in the existence of these cameras.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 15 Jan 15 at 14:20
 Not on my patch. - Duncan
>> Zero who claims to drive everywhere at 90+ mph >>

Zero?

Just humour him.

We both know, that neither he, nor that Jap crap car could do 90 mph.
 Not on my patch. - Zero
SQ
>> We both know, that neither he, nor that Jap crap car could do 90 mph.
>>

The cheap jap crap, please.
 Not on my patch. - Zero

>> thought that some of the under pressure target driven workers, and Zero who claims to
>> drive everywhere at 90+ mph might be interested in the existence of these cameras.

If you care to read some posts in another thread, the same where i said I drive at 90 mph you will see that I previously warned about those cameras and i stated, more or less in these words "That is the only area I worry about speed"

>> "That is the only area I worry about speed"
>>

In your dreams.
 Not on my patch. - Zero
>> >> "That is the only area I worry about speed"
>> >>
>>
>> In your dreams.

Whatever.
 Not on my patch. - Fullchat
Not to sound pedantic but the ACPO guidelines recommend a starting point of 10% + 2. So enforcement kicks in at 79 MPH .
 Not on my patch. - Westpig
The speedo on my Mitsubishi Shogun is 4 mph out, so 80mph on the clock = a true 76mph.

The Jag X Type is 3 mph out.

Not on my patch. - Bromptonaut
Interesting that sections chosen for this enforcement are all urban or semi urban motorway. Are the accident stats for speed as cause/contributor different there to the point>point segments?
 Not on my patch. - Boxsterboy
It was bound to happen that speed cameras would end up on the safest of all roads - motorways.

We might as well embrace those Google driverless Noddy cars, as there is no fun left in driving, especially in the south east. Who would spend a fortune on a fast car that you can only drive slow?
 Not on my patch. - Bromptonaut
>> We might as well embrace those Google driverless Noddy cars, as there is no fun
>> left in driving, especially in the south east. Who would spend a fortune on a
>> fast car that you can only drive slow?

Nah. Miles of B roads still derestricted and beyond effective policing by cameras.

Just watch out for push bikes.
 Not on my patch. - Slidingpillar
The level of restriction even some years ago was why the favoured vehicular mode of transport for James Hunt was an A35 van. I can relate to that, if you mildly beat Mr Rep in his repmobile in that, you get a real sense of achievement.
Latest Forum Posts