Motoring Discussion > Funny spoof advert Car Deals
Thread Author: Harleyman Replies: 16

Funny spoof advert - Harleyman
Bet this gets nobbled by the swear filter, if so fair enough and please delete it, mods.

Worth trying to share with you though cos it's funny!

//tinyurl.com/3y9tfy2

Advisory about the language in the link - One of the other Mods made a point about moderation style - apply the test of "would you be happy if was your ten year old viewing it ?" Link made non-clickable
Last edited by: Pugugly on Mon 5 Jul 10 at 13:37
 Funny spoof advert - Badwolf
You're right - it *is* funny :-)

Love the pic of the chav - wonder if he's aware that his image is being used in this way?
 Funny spoof advert - FotheringtonTomas
>> wonder if he's aware that his image is being used in this way?

It's a pose - he's acting for the part.
 Funny spoof advert - bathtub tom
I've been telling everyone I know that indicates the driver's gay, or is it only when on lorries?
 Funny spoof advert - Old Navy
>> I've been telling everyone I know that indicates the driver's gay, or is it only
>> when on lorries?
>>

No, thats fog lights. :-)
 Funny spoof advert - SteelSpark
>> apply the test of "would you be happy if
>> was your ten year old viewing it ?"

Hands up anybody who, when they were ten years old, didn't hear much worse from their classmates. Heaven only knows what ten year old talk about these days. It would probably make most of us blush. :)
 Funny spoof advert - Dave_
>> Heaven only knows what ten year olds talk about these days. It would probably make most of us blush. :)

As a single parent with a 10 year old, allow me to confirm that their conversations can raise an eyebrow or two... In my (not-so-distant!) youth such words would have been the preserve of 12-13 year olds.

I also have a 12 year old, whose peers' discussions are indistinguishable from 18 year olds'. I'm not sure which of those groups that reflects most unfavourably upon. ;-)
Last edited by: Dave_TD {P} on Mon 5 Jul 10 at 17:24
 Funny spoof advert - Armel Coussine
I often utter, in the heat of the moment, expletives unsuitable for tender ears in the presence of such ears. I have always done it being a person of limited discourse and little self-control, and it has once or twice led to embarrassment when some innocent nipper has uttered them in its turn.

However I have always pointed out, while apologising, that although I do this sort of thing young ladies shouldn't do it, and on the whole they have heard my words and acted on them, or rather not acted.

Not long ago I was discussing with a granddaughter, just 14, an alleged proposal to teach primary schoolchildren a course on drink and drug abuse and 'relationships', specifically homosexual ones in particular. I doubt if much will come of it but it was a three days' wonder in the comics.

I put the view that of course these things should be discussed carefully with children of any age whose lives are being affected by them, but otherwise children should really be left to find out about them later, at their own speed. She looked down her nose and said reprovingly: 'Really Grandfather, I am fourteen you know.'

Not that substance abuse is anything new to my descendants. I heard one of them saying smugly not long ago: 'Vodka is Grandfather's favourite drink.' They know because I get annoyed when they drink all the orange juice.

:o}
My (then) teenage daughters were gobsmacked to hear me yell the 'F' word from inside the garage, having never heard me use it before.

I had just smacked my thumb with a hammer and broken the thing!
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 26 Jul 11 at 10:27
 Funny spoof advert - Armel Coussine
My father uttered it in a first-class compartment of a train leaving Fishguard, in about 1952. I can't remember why but I was very surprised, shocked and secretly gratified, without making the mistake of thinking it gave me any latitude in my own remarks. I never heard it from him again to his dying day in the mid-eighties, although I myself soon afterwards adopted in casual speech the language of what used to be called a costermonger, and have kept it up to this day.
 Funny spoof advert - Fullchat
Reminds me of the time when my daughter was about 2 jumping gleefully up and down on the bed saying "F .. it". Wonder where she got that from ? :-(
 Funny spoof advert - Harleyman
I stand admonished, I cannot help but wonder what ten-year-old would want to read this forum anyway.

Funny spoof advert - R.P.
I give up - who wants a magic wand ?
OOH! Does the fairy outfit come with it?:
 Funny spoof advert - R.P.
No you'll have to buy your own.
 Funny spoof advert - sherlock47
AC
The one thing that you have left out is that the young should be taught that the use of a word is also context sensitive. I remember teaching my 4 year old daughter that the use of 's h i t' was appropriate when you trod in it, particularly when in used in conjunction with 'dog'.

Later in life she embarassed her grandmother with the 'f' word, (at the age of about 6). when she dropped a high catch with a tennis ball. The problems of bringing up children in a sport oriented enviroment! The Lesson on context had obviously been underplanned !
Last edited by: pmh on Tue 6 Jul 10 at 09:35
 Funny spoof advert - Focusless
>> I remember teaching my 4
>> year old daughter that the use of 's h i t' was appropriate when you
>> trod in it, particularly when in used in conjunction with 'dog'.

That surprises me a bit - I would have thought 'poo' was perfecrtly adequte for kids that age, if you were trying to avoid 'rude' words.
Latest Forum Posts