Motoring Discussion > Car Hire Abroad (Poland) Legal Questions
Thread Author: Skoda Replies: 7

Car Hire Abroad (Poland) - Skoda
I've never hired abroad before. Any wise tips / advice from the folks that have done it before?

Planning to hire in Krakow for a return drive to Zamosc (SE Poland) just due to relatively poor public transport servicing the area.
 Car Hire Abroad (Poland) - Hard Cheese
I have hired in Poland though have in many countries, go for one of the big names, Sixt, Alamo, Europcar etc and ensure you have all available insurance options, CDL etc, as well as comprehensive travel insurance - belt and braces.

EDIT: Argus are quite a good car hire broker.

Last edited by: Cheddar on Mon 5 Jul 10 at 17:02
Cheers for this Cheddar, just had a stroke of luck, friend of the family going the same way so we're getting a lift, nice! Would have hated having to sober up in the middle of a holiday in the country with the best beer!

Car Hire Abroad (Poland) - Hard Cheese

A result!

BTW I meant to say "I have NOT hired in Poland though have in many countries" ...
 Car Hire Abroad (Poland) - hobby
"country with the best beer"... Poland??!

Don't think so!

Have a good holiday, anyhow!
Haha admitedly i've not travelled all that much outside europe, but have managed most of the common destinations about our side of the big blue / green ball.

Lech

Got to be one of the best tasting beers i've ever tried (and i make a point of trying all sorts of beers i can get my hands on!).

Tyskie's good when you're over there, in the same way San Miguel tastes better in spain... it's just a light tasting beer like brahma ideal for hot weather!
 Car Hire Abroad (Poland) - hobby
European Top 4 - Belgium, Germany, the Czech Republic and good ol' GB, in no particular order of preference... then the rest...

That should stir it up a bit!
 Car Hire Abroad (Poland) - BiggerBadderDave
"Don't think so!"

I have to agree. As a bitter man (no, not a bitter man) I found it hard to get used to Polish light ales and lagers. Most brands do a strong (mocne) version of their ales so you can buy Tatra Mocne, Warka Mocne and these go some way to putting some flavour and colour into the beer that an English bloke might like. On the whole though I rarely bother with beers these days unless it's hot.

Pity you're not up in Warsaw though Craig, could discuss this at length over a bottle of vodka.
Latest Forum Posts