Motoring Discussion > Peugeot - 2008 (I think!) Buying / Selling
Thread Author: MD Replies: 8

Peugeot - 2008 (I think!) - MD
If I am correct in the model number is this essentially a Mitsi Outlander in different outer garments?

If so is it permanent 4 wheel drive?

If it is and say one had a blow out (Shredded) for example would all 4 tyres require replacing in one go or just across the pertinent axle or am I completely wrong on all accounts?

Thanks.
 Peugeot - 2008 (I think!) - rtj70
Is it not the Peugeot 4007 that's a face lifted Mitsubishi Outlander? The Peugeot 4008 was based on the Mitsubishi ASX.

The 2008 is basically an estate version of the 208 isn't it, based on the PSA PF1 platform? Which makes it front wheel drive.
Trying to get to the bottom of what the Son IL has bought. Hush hush it would appear. Dad IL (me) thinks he has cuffed up financially and had rings run around him by a salesman. Stay there, I'll be back.
 Peugeot - 2008 (I think!) - Gromit
In practice I've replaced just the damaged tyre on the Legacy (also fwd) but put the mismatched pair on the rear - on the advice of my tyre fitter, whose advice hasn't failed me yet.

IIRC, there's some fwd bias in the setup of the Outlander/Pug/Citroen C-Crosser under normal drivng conditions anyway?

Better again if you can get the same type tyre as the blown out one, then the only mismatch is the tread depth.
 Peugeot - 2008 (I think!) - Dave_
The 4007 is the Mitsubishi Outlander / Citroen Crossdresser clone and can be had in both front- and four-wheel-drive flavours.

The 2008 is the estate version of the 208 hatch (just dressed up to look like a crossover) and is front-wheel-drive only.

I wouldn't replace all four tyres on *any* 4x4 in the event of one tyre self-destructing, neither would anyone else I reckon.

EDIT: Cross-posted with rtj, but with added opinion on tyre replacement :)
Last edited by: Dave_C220CDI on Mon 9 Feb 15 at 19:52
 Peugeot - 2008 (I think!) - rtj70
>> I wouldn't replace all four tyres on *any* 4x4 in the event of one tyre self-destructing, neither
>> would anyone else I reckon.

I know of a Volvo SUV that is meant to need all tyres replaced if you have the auto-box because of tyre depth changes if you put a new wheel on.

I'd want to be sure that was the case for any other car!
 Peugeot - 2008 (I think!) - mikeyb
2008 is carp - drove one a few weeks back and didn't like it one bit
1.2 vti pure tech. FWD 3 cylinder jobby. I still think he's been dealt a bummer, but then I would.

Never seen to much wrong with a Chevy Camaro TBH. 0:)
 Peugeot - 2008 (I think!) - Boxsterboy
Rented a 2008 in Ibiza last year - quite like it. 2wd only but electronic tricky helps traction (also available on other PSA cars).
Latest Forum Posts