Motoring Discussion > No cyclists hurt in London Crash Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 10

No cyclists hurt in London Crash - Zero
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2963906/McLaren-supercar-worth-250-000-destroyed-head-crash-convertible-one-London-s-expensive-streets.html

Really not sure how you can get up sufficient speed in central london to have this kind of carnage,

No cyclists hurt in London Crash - Focusless
0-62 in 3s - don't need much clear road to build up a bit of momentum :)
Last edited by: Focusless on Sun 22 Feb 15 at 21:19
 No cyclists hurt in London Crash - Manatee
The Maclaren has fared quite well actually. Both doors opened OK.
 No cyclists hurt in London Crash - PeterS
Well, "It has seven gears, allowing drivers to reach top speeds often seen on race tracks."!!

As does my 2.1 litre diesel estate car...

Mind you, the Mail also seems to think that the fact that: "The car includes a satnav, rear parking camera, bluetooth, digital radio and voice control" is worthy of note too...
 No cyclists hurt in London Crash - Focusless
>> www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2963906/McLaren-supercar-worth-250-000-destroyed-head-crash-convertible-one-London-s-expensive-streets.html

"It has seven gears, allowing drivers to reach top speeds often seen on race tracks."

That would explain why you see all those BMW 3 series autos with 8 gears hogging the fast lane on the motorway.

EDIT: doh! PeterS beat me to it
Last edited by: Focusless on Sun 22 Feb 15 at 21:34
 No cyclists hurt in London Crash - BobbyG
Doesn't look like the Saab driver airbag went off?
Is the McLaren rear engine? If so, maybe got more scope for more crumple at the front thus the appearance that we see in the photos?
 No cyclists hurt in London Crash - Victorbox
Isn't that a GM period Saab? You'd have thought it would have come off worse given the awful standard of engineering.
 No cyclists hurt in London Crash - Manatee
>> Isn't that a GM period Saab? You'd have thought it would have come off worse
>> given the awful standard of engineering.

I wouldn't. There was a degree of autonomy (the cars were not rebadged Vauxhalls) and I remember reading somewhere that some changes were made by Saab to ensure that the cars met its safety standards (tactfully put) although that does support your view on the GM standards.
 No cyclists hurt in London Crash - henry k
www.wreckedexotics.com/mclaren#im
 No cyclists hurt in London Crash - WillDeBeest
I wouldn't. There was a degree of autonomy...

Relax, M, VB is the less vocal of our Vauxhall fanboys, whose inferiority complex sometimes shows itself without any provocation from us. There was certainly awful engineering, which Saab's engineers had to fix to make the 9-3 a halfway decent car - to the extent that the company lost money on every one.

Satisfied, VB?
 No cyclists hurt in London Crash - Harleyman
Z gets a green thumb for the title; made I larf. :-)
Latest Forum Posts