Motoring Discussion > A sting in the tail Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 7

A sting in the tail - VxFan

A woman who attacked police vehicles in Bristol with homemade stinger devices has been jailed.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-31602022

A sting in the tail - Armel Coussine
Caring, compassionate and very thick. No one, not even the fuzz, should put things on the road intended to puncture tyres.

Two years looks a bit steep though. One of those exemplary jobs, to be discreetly reduced on appeal. Or so one would hope.

What a thing to do. Could kill someone.
 A sting in the tail - Robin O'Reliant
"She later said her actions were in protest at the death of a black teenager in America, police brutality in Greece and cuts to legal aid."

Wonder she didn't Manchester United's failure to qualify for the Champions League too.
 A sting in the tail - BiggerBadderDave
Our beloved, smartly dressed uniformed police, having to drive hi-tech patrol cars with tacky plastic wheel trims... That is what is criminal.

I wonder if someone who was caught causing £1,500 damage to my car (or your car) would get two years in the nick. I wish.
 A sting in the tail - Old Navy
Alloy wheels are little more than fragile bling, steelies are far more practical.

As for damage to your car , no chance, but as it was an emergency vehicle a good deterrent sentance. It might have been on the way to help you or your loved ones.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 25 Feb 15 at 13:08
 A sting in the tail - Cliff Pope
>> it was an emergency
>> vehicle
>>

I'd have assumed emergency vehicles would have run-flat tyres? They wouldn't want to have to stop for a little thing like a puncture if on an emergency.
 A sting in the tail - BiggerBadderDave
"steelies are far more practical"

So are blow-up dolls but I'd rather have my blinged-up wife.
 A sting in the tail - Old Navy
Go faster stripes don't improve performance. :)
Latest Forum Posts