Motoring Discussion > Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 14

Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Zero
www.itv.com/news/wales/2015-02-25/tourists-stuck-after-trying-to-drive-to-island-two-miles-off-welsh-coast/
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Runfer D'Hills
Casting Cistercians ?
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - WillDeBeest
Car appears to be a Vauxhall.
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - BiggerBadderDave
"There are around a dozen monks currently living there and they spend most of their time living in silence."

Put a cat among the pigeons - send Zero to them.
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - henry k
Not trying hard enough?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2115821/Japanese-tourists-blame-satnav-stranded-Australian-mangrove-swamp-high-tide.html
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Victorbox
>> Car appears to be a Vauxhall.

Vauxhalls are great cars but even they require a driver.
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Duncan
>> www.itv.com/news/wales/2015-02-25/tourists-stuck-after-trying-to-drive-to-island-two-miles-off-welsh-coast/

"There are around a dozen monks currently living there and they spend most of their time living in silence".

Sounds quite enviable.
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Runfer D'Hills
Reminds me of the story of the guy who decides to join a silent community of monks.

It is explained to him that during his probation period he will be allowed to speak once at the end of each of his first three years to ensure that he is settling in before finally taking a lifetime vow of silence.

After the first year he's asked how he is getting along and he replies that everything is fine but could he possibly have a pillow?

After the second year when asked again, he says it's all good but might he have a blanket?

After the third year, he mentions that it would be nice if he could have a mattress.

The leader of the order then writes him a note saying he thinks he's not really fitting in and that he should rethink his application. The chap, deeply disappointed, writes him a return note saying "but why?"

The leader writes him a reply suggesting that he may not have the attitude they were looking for and that frankly, he had done nothing but complain since he got there.
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - John Boy
That's my idea of a really good joke. Thankyou!
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Harleyman
>> >> www.itv.com/news/wales/2015-02-25/tourists-stuck-after-trying-to-drive-to-island-two-miles-off-welsh-coast/
>>
>> "There are around a dozen monks currently living there and they spend most of their
>> time living in silence".
>>

Then two Texans fail in an attempt to reach them. Obviously, there is a God.

Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Ted

I've booked two weeks with the caravan at Tenby in July. If you see a red Vitara on the news stuck on the beach...remember me in your prayers...'cos she'd have done for me !
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - rtj70
How can they blame the sat nav? There is no road so it would not have told them to drive.

If you try TomTom say, it will plan a route that overlooks the island. It will not tell you to drive there and it doesn't know about the ferry either.
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Cliff Pope

>>
>> "There are around a dozen monks currently living there and they spend most of their
>> time living in silence".
>>
>> Sounds quite enviable.
>>

Yes, the island is totally silent and peaceful, apart from the noise from hundreds of visitors, and the cash registers in the cafe and tatty gift shop.

The monks have been there for a thousand years, apart from the short gap between 1536 and 1906.
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Duncan
>> The monks have been there for a thousand years, apart from the short gap between
>> 1536 and 1906.

What's your definition of a long gap?
 Sat Nav did not mention a ferry........ - Manatee
I think that's the monks' definition of a short gap.
Latest Forum Posts