Motoring Discussion > Peugeot - accident Legal Questions
Thread Author: ak700 Replies: 146

Peugeot - accident - ak700
Hi everyone
I'm new to forum joined today ur help will b priceless
Actually last week a driver ignored the right filterd arrow and smashed my car all he was saying that lights were green but on my side they were green too as i was travelling straight ambulance was called i have serious injuries been to a &e on next morning i received a letter from claim management company advising me to tell my insurance that this was my fault i was surprised it was to quick my question is can claim management company contact me according to data protection police attended and exchange details today I chased the local council they said safety camera was facing apposite direction all they could see my car after accident there are sensors also but i m advised they are controlled by highway i got 2 wiwitnesses but i m confused shall i check the high way control r other evidence because there are some shop cameras are also but don't know about them ur help will b very great full
Thanks
 Peugeot - accident - Bromptonaut
This is actually a friendly and knowledgeable site but your post is a bit difficult to follow.

Any chance of re writing it with some punctuation and a link to street view of the site and road markings?
 Peugeot - accident - No FM2R
As Bromp said, if you can explain what happened a bit more clearly we'll see what advice we can offer....

I am not clear what happened in the accident.

Was the Claim Mgmt company yours or the other guys?

Have you told your insurer?

Do you have any kind of legal assistance policy?

Are the witnesses independent and what are they saying that they saw?
Sorry.for delay I was trieng to find the way to reply.as I said the there are the traffic lights i was in right hand lane which goes straight and other cars were going on the left hand lane which goes to left its and the traffic from apposite side has also has has two lanes one goes straight to town which is left hand lane from apposite side and there is right turning also when traffic lights are green they are green from both sides but for right turning there is a green filterd arrow u can come out on right if traffic is clear but he miss judged the lights r he was hoping to cross me because i could not see him at all. We work near there I m a taxi driver and the witnesses are also taxi driver because nobody stepped there because of the lights but I don't know them and one of them who came and opened the door because i was injured and door was stock.the claim management company was third party not mine and ye i informed my insurance plz any help will b great full
 Peugeot - accident - Auristocrat
If you've already informed your insurance company, don't admit any liability, refer the claims management company to your insurer, and tell your insurer that you've referred the claim management company to them.
Last edited by: Auristocrat on Wed 4 Mar 15 at 22:33
 Peugeot - accident - Ted

I guess English is not your first language, these are two of the longest sentences I've ever read.

I read it as ' You were going straight through the junction on green and the other car mis-judged the green filter light, tried to cut across your front and hit your car in the area of the driver's door '.

If you can't use Streetview, please tell us the location of the junction so one of us can bring it up on screen.

As a taxi driver, presumably working an urban area, I really recommend you spend a small amount of money and buy two cheap dashcams for the front and rear.......save a lot of hassle ! After the event, I know.....but taxis attract collisions in town !
Ye ted u r right English isn't my first language and i got writing problem also using my Mrs fone. only two years in this country. Ye will spend just trying to get off from bed thnx. These lights are on trindle road dudley west midlands or plz try the king Street because they are almost in middle of them thnx for help
Which is your first language?
Punjabi
Ah, not one I speak or write, sorry.
I think I've got it.

Are you insured? (I will assume that you do)
Do you have any legal expenses coverage? (It would be good if you do, but I will assume not).

1) Advise your insurers, complete a claim form.
2) Do not speak, discuss, comment or reply to the third party claim management company.
3) Refer any and all communications to your insurance company. Offer not information other than claim reference, name, address that sort of thing.
4) Do not discuss the incident even to declare your own innocence.
5) Follow your insurance company's instructions and process.

Do you have Comprehensive or Third Party insurance?

Are you significantly injured?
Was the other person injured?
Which bit of his car hit which bit of your car?
How significant is the damage to your claim?
Will you claim for the damage to your car from your insurer?

Further advice needs more information.

Peugeot - accident - Fullchat
As I understand this they are claiming they had a filter light to turn right across your path? If they had a filter then you should have had a red light. Anyone turning right at a filter should not make a presumption that oncoming traffic has a red light. They should assess that the oncoming traffic is slowing and stopping which indicates that they do indeed have a red light.
If they have just turned right and disregarded the filter then clearly they are at fault.
Your issue is what evidence do you have to indicate you were not at fault? Where there other vehicles traveling alongside you through the junction?
Good advice from No FM2R.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Wed 4 Mar 15 at 23:35
Ye u got the point other vehicles including me should b stopped if there was red light but in this case vehicles were going on other vehicles from my left were going to left in hall street. The other driver was claiming that lights were green but all I knew police was explaining to him that he should stop but he wasn't listening and they said cameras are there and this was a good news for me but got disappointed after the news from council the evidence can b like there are sensors might b some help but I don't know how to chase high way
ak700 - I totally get that English is your second language, but if you could just put a blank line between separate thoughts or statements, that would help me a lot.

So, you were already within the junction and he turned into your side. He hit you. He didn't get in your way and you hit him?

Separate your thoughts.

Don;t worry about what the other driver says, don;t worry about whether or not he pretends to be injured or makes it worse than it is. Worry about your position.

The first thing is to stop his side getting in a fast claim.

Get the driver behind you to write down his statement and forward it, together with his contact details, with your claim form to your insurer.

Provide any other witness details you can, preferably with their statements, to your insurer.

Don't try to con anyone. If you know a witness, admit it. This is not the time to get caught in a pointless lie.

A rough guess says that claiming on your insurance is going to cost you £1000 to £1200 in Excess and lost NCD.

How much is the damage to your car? More than that?

If you are really injured, how come you're at home? Go see your GP, get him to make notes on your record about your aches, pains, damage and feelings. Be realistic.

Find out whether or not you have Legal Protection of some kind. Do that tomorrow morning. Immediately.

Discuss the whole thing with your insurer. If you use a broker, get down his offices and do it face to face.

You need help. And much as I and the others here will do what I can, your need is basic and complete. Further, the language difficulty makes doing this in writing really tough. You need to get local advice and help.

The first course is your own insurer and legal service insurance if you have it.

This must be a reasonably common occurrence amongst private hire drivers, can you not ask the other drivers in your agency, or simply those around you? Some of them must have suggestions of a legal services solicitor who can help.

Failing that, then if you send me an email telling me your address, then I will try to find a few possibilities in your area. I won't have any idea who they are, but at least I'll give you a couple to choose from.

Against my normal better judgement I suggest you look around and find a Motor Claims group who will take your claim for free. You know the kind; have you had an accident, call us and ......". Just be careful of any agreements you sign.

If they'll take it, then great that means they think you've got a chance.

If they won't take it, then you need to think this through.

Sorry, I know this isn't that useful, but I think its all I can offer.
Thnx I got fully comp and i think but not sured about legal expenses Cover.he hit me on front driving side.I m badly injured still in bed but the thing here is other driver has third party insurance and any thing about the evidence because solicitors work very slow some time
One of the witnesses was just behind me he has seen every thing. Shall I try to get more evidence other driver protending he is injured but ambulance crew ask him to go home and have rest we both been treated by same ambulance and he started to argue with me in ambulance then amblance Crew stopped him and one of them went
Out to see my car i don't know what he did aftr words I think my car will b write off his car only has bumper damaged.if I claim my car damage on my insurance i have to pay access which is 500 and they will hold my ncd thats what i been told so trieng to sort out matter with third party first through management company. hope i answrd the questions no fmr2
I presume the other party is claiming you went through a red light? They do not know that for certain and you have a witness. They turned across your path. Their fault. This claims management company where they appointed by your insurer? If not have no dealings. Work with your insurer.
 Peugeot - accident - Ted

Is this the place ?.....

www.google.com/maps/search/trindle+road+dudley/@52.509876,-2.079696,3a,75y,232.39h,73.81t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sWAkLQz-dNN1EFlt70ebNEw!2e0

Sorry...too knacked to Tinyurl. Going to bobos now !
If it is that junction then there is no filter light in either direction. He crossed your right of way and its difficult to see a justification.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 5 Mar 15 at 00:26
This is new layout im 100 %sure there is green filter arrow i come many times from there ithink these layout might b not updated yet
wot Fullchat said.
>>so trieng to sort out matter with third party first through management company.

If you mean the Third Party management company, then don't. Really don't. That way madness lies.

Remember, if they succeed you lose your NCD anyway so you might as well have claimed yourself.

You need to find someone to act on your behalf.
 Peugeot - accident - Armel Coussine
When I was a South London minicabber in the seventies, I got the hire&reward insurance policy from the firm. Seemed a better deal. When a claim hove in sight though, there was a hell of a lot of squirming on the part of the hooligans who ran the company. I don't think I had any insurance, just a bit of bumf. Not that I cared much you understand. I wasn't going to kill anyone. All the same, cars are expensive and cabbing is damn hard ill-paid work.

I hope ak700 doesn't have those sort of hassles. Sounds a bit as if he may actually.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Thu 5 Mar 15 at 01:30
You say the Police attended. If so and it is an injury RTC then they should have recorded the incident with circumstances verbal accounts,causation factors and recommendations for prosecution disposal. Did that happen? Did you get the Officers details and an incident number. That could be your saviour as there will be a record of what really DID happen. Insurance companies can obtain copies of that report (for a fee but it saves them a lot of work).
I get irritated when we try to help someone who then neither thanks us politely nor keeps us updated.

Peugeot - accident - Mike H
>> I get irritated when we try to help someone who then neither thanks us politely
>> nor keeps us updated.
>>
It's only 5 hours since he last posted, be patient! Some of us don't have smartphones, and have other things going on on our lives :-)
5 hours? Check again. Try 20. (22 now)

Anybody got the balls to claim the frownie on my post?
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 5 Mar 15 at 22:41
 Peugeot - accident - Zero
>> 5 hours? Check again. Try 20. (22 now)
>>
>> Anybody got the balls to claim the frownie on my post?

Wasn't me, but i'll add another one so it doesn't get lonely.
>>Anybody got the balls to claim the frownie on my post?

Thought not. Worn out from all your effort in helping people are you? Spineless t***.
 Peugeot - accident - Old Navy
I put one of the frownies on your post. I thought you were one of the forum good guys, obviously you have off days the same as the rest of us.
 Peugeot - accident - Crankcase
Don't understand that, ON. Mark put a lot of effort into a reply to the original poster, and it went entirely unacknowledged. In this instance at least, surely he IS one of the forum good guys, and you can see he might have felt a bit miffed.
>> Don't understand that, ON. Mark put a lot of effort into a reply to the
>> original poster, and it went entirely unacknowledged. In this instance at least, surely he IS
>> one of the forum good guys, and you can see he might have felt a
>> bit miffed.
So'ok. I just gave the aged matelot a frownie to even things up.

Fair minded - thats me

>> So'ok. I just gave the aged matelot a frownie to even things up.
>>
>> Fair minded - thats me
>>

I am absolutely mortified, I am off to make a cup of coffee. Do I have your permission to be absent for a few minutes ? :)
You'll get a frownie for being AWOL.
 Peugeot - accident - BiggerBadderDave
I did that Zero, I was just curious how to do the scowlies. I didn't realise you got a panel to type in your grievances too.

Well I never, you can have thumbs up and scowlies on the same post.
Last edited by: BiggerBadderDave on Fri 6 Mar 15 at 09:07
There - take a left hook and right cross back
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 6 Mar 15 at 09:12
As Mark loves a happy ending, I'll post one.

My lad was leaving work late one night and was traveling along the M4. Through the roadworks where lanes narrow, a refrigerated truck drifted over and the front wheel nuts did a fine act on the rear offside 3/4 of his insignia. He managed to flag the driver down and exchange details, and the trucker mention he was in time trouble with his tacho and only only had few hours to complete a job so went as soon as he could.

He is insured with admiral and had legal protection. His excess was 600 quid, the damage to the car was 1800 quid, and a car was hired for 7 days.

Anyways, the truck company denied liability, so he invoked his legal protection to recover his uninsured losses. 12 months later as court dates were being discussed the other side caved in. The trucker had claimed the accident happened at a junction as my son joined, but he could prove he joined two junction before that, and then the trucker (agency) disappeared back to mainland Europe so they were left high and dry. Reading between the lines there were problems with tacho use and the driver did a runner.

Peugeot - accident - Pat
Pleased you finally got a good result on that one Z.

Pat
Sorry - forgot to add, Pat added some useful advice when we discussed it via e-mail.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 6 Mar 15 at 09:46
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
Tsk, no need to add that, they'll be thinking we actually talk to each other now!

Pat
They all know I dumped you after you ran off with BBD
It was that spit roast Zero. Couldn't look you in the eye again.
 Peugeot - accident - Mike H
>> 5 hours? Check again. Try 20. (22 now)
>>
Yeah, you're right, misread it by confusing the date and time. But I'm happy to point out that the frownie isn't mine.

And my comments still stand, if I'm busy, I wouldn't be answering every post as it happens. No smartphone means I only have access to C4P when I'm at home.

>> And my comments still stand, if I'm busy, I wouldn't be answering every post as
>> it happens. No smartphone means I only have access to C4P when I'm at home.
>>

Me too, I don't do the always connected, put it on Facetwit whenever I go for a crap stuff. Unless I need a specific bit of information and there is no other way of getting it in a reasonable timescale the internet is used at home. Even then I am usually doing something else as well. Maybe it is a generational thing, travel is pre planned, I have a satnav if it is required, my phone has internet access but it is rarely used for anything other than talking to people. I don't expect the world to revolve around me and I don't revolve around anyone, err, there may be one exception. :)
I gave the help quickly when asked. A rapid exchange of replies occurred. There seemed to be plenty of time in his busy schedule for that, just not time enough to say thanks or even acknowledge the help from any of us.

And ON puts a frownie on because he's disillusioned? That's sad.

>> And ON puts a frownie on because he's disillusioned? That's sad.

You are starting to whine a bit now
6:00am drinking coffee prior to getting the girls out of bed for school after thee months doing naff all at the beach, I *FEEL* whine-y
 Peugeot - accident - Robin O'Reliant
I'm a bit sceptical about the OP, apologies to him if I'm wrong but it does not sound like the type of spelling and grammar that would be used by someone learning English.

And is also typical of some of the one-off posters we've had visit in the past with complicated accident situations.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Fri 6 Mar 15 at 10:30
>> typical of some of the one-off posters we've had visit in the past with complicated accident situations.

Yes, suspiciously similar in fact. And makes it sound as if his insurance is dodgy or non-existent. An odd sort of spam though. Who stands to gain?
I don't know, if its a windup maybe he's run out of phone boxes to vandalise.

I've always wondered about windups and various jokes; it usually seem to be based upon being mean to someone and then laughing at them for believing that you were trustworthy - "Ha ha, you thought I was telling the truth and trusted me, so you're a fool" seems to be the message.

This poster though sounded just lazy and ungracious to me. Who knows, or indeed cares?

He's an a*** because he couldn't be bothered to say thank you or he's an a*** because he was lying.

Either way, he's probably an a***.
 Peugeot - accident - Slidingpillar
There is a type of poster who creates a complicated scenario and appears to get some form of kick from stirring up a forum, rather like a small boy breaking into an ants nest. I lump them with those who troll although a internet troll is usually being contentious as well.

No idea if the OP is in that bracket or not.
 Peugeot - accident - Duncan
I thought that his writing style and mis-spelling changed once someone asked him if English was his first language. I wasn't convinced by the story.

However, it could all have been the truth and perhaps he wasn't brought up to say thank you to people who have given him help or advice.
 Peugeot - accident - VxFan
Can we not just give him a couple of days to respond back before flaming him?

Is it any wonder new people don't come back (or even join in the first place) if they're going to be judged and tarred by the regulars.
>>Can we not just give him a couple of days to respond back before flaming him?

"flaming"? How very 90s trendy.

I see no reason to worry about offending someone who can't be a***d to be polite.

I am not "flaming" anyone. Equally I am not tarring, but I'm certainly judging. Just as I judge people who think 90s internet terms are still cool.
>> Can we not just give him a couple of days to respond back before flaming him?

I didn't flame him, judge him or tar him. I was perfectly polite, just noted the post was like others seen before, and that there was something evasive about the insurance remarks.

I imagine you're referring to those who called him names. Now who could possibly do a thing like that?

:o}
Who knows.

In the beginning I took his writing style to mean someone of low intelligence and/or lacking education, rather than someone speaking a second and new language. Especially as in most foreign languages they still retain the idea of fullstops, commas, paragraphs and capital letters.

Mind you perhaps someone would say the same of me reading my written Spanish. I don't think so, though.

Certainly I don't think that "text speak" (probably written as "txt spk", "wurds4thickos" or "iamatit") is the first place someone would start a new language.
>> Certainly I don't think that "text speak" (probably written as "txt spk", "wurds4thickos" or "iamatit")

You really really are whining like a little girl now, FFS STFU and go and find something important and worthwhile to get upset about.

ps sorry about the TXT SPK, but I think it admirably delivers a succinct message in this case.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 6 Mar 15 at 14:39
>>ps sorry about the TXT SPK, but I think it admirably delivers a succinct message in this case.

FU.
FU2 WKO

>> In the beginning I took his writing style to mean someone of low intelligence and/or
>> lacking education, rather than someone speaking a second and new language. Especially as in most
>> foreign languages they still retain the idea of fullstops, commas, paragraphs and capital letters.

The problem there is typing phones rather than grasp of language. Does his home language even use the Roman (or any other) alphabet? It might make a difference.

Like VX I I'm troubled that it's a bit soon to be challenging his manners. Maybe he's working double shifts or something?

>Like VX I I'm troubled that it's a bit soon to be challenging his manners.

So don't do it.

I think he is rude or a wind up.

>> So don't do it.

>> I think he is rude or a wind up.

Jays you're a hard man FMR so you are... where's your respect for those of lesser attainments perhaps through no fault of their own?

If I came on like that every time I had the impulse I'd have been banned from the site years ago.
>>where's your respect for those of lesser attainments

In this case which involves either wasting my time with a wind up, or not having the common decency to say thank you, I can't really think of a lesser attainment worthy of respect.

And as for the whining nellies and their "oooo, he might be working a double shift", ooo, you might scare him off" etc. etc. get a life.
>>you're a hard man FMR

I apply no standard to anyone that I do not first adopt myself.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 6 Mar 15 at 23:22
That's some shift he's on Bromp. What is it now? 45 hours? He'll have to be careful driving that tired, he might have an accident.
 Peugeot - accident - rtj70
>> That's some shift he's on Bromp. What is it now? 45 hours? He'll have to be careful driving that
>> tired, he might have an accident.

The car is a write-off and he's injured in bed. Apparently. So not working and he posted before... will they ever post again? ;-)
 Peugeot - accident - John Boy
Why all the fuss? This often happens often on forums. Person joins with a question, gets the answer, vamooses, and is never heard from again.

On the other hand, if it's a wind up, this is a sure way to make the perpetrator think of another.
>> Why all the fuss?

Dunno really. I thought he was rude and said so.

Then lots of peopke got excited. Quiet week I expect.
>> I thought he was rude and said so.

Rush to judgement though. My feeling is that illiterate, therefore probably badly brought up, doesn't mean rude really. Perhaps I am a do gooder after all.

As a former minicab driver who had the usual dodgy insurance I feel some sympathy for the OP. My colleagues in that distinguished profession were more like him than like me. I could escape to bourgeois Kensington, but they were stuck down there.
Sorry everyone had problem in my fone and that's all i got to answer any thing no dodgy etc and i thank all of the members who tried to resolve the issue. I will b on forum as much as i could thnx once again
1) Now on the 4th day of his shift having hauled his injured body from the bed and driven for 81 hours
2) Total wind up
3) Rude, discourteous git.
4) Just about to wake up when we stunned him (per Dead Parrot Sketch).

Felling sorry after reading all the judgements not a rude at all and got no dodgy insurance paying around £3000 of insurance the mate who said should not be blaming so soon might the other edge is quietly different
I don't think you're rude ak700. On the insurance though, it's not what you pay, it's what happens when you make a claim. I hope yours is fine.
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
I have a feeling of deja vu.

Didn't you insist a former member of this forum wasn't ill at all and was winding us up, only to be proven wrong upon his death?

Pat
 Peugeot - accident - Duncan
Who and whom?

AC and THe Growler?
 Peugeot - accident - Westpig
>> Who and whom?
>>
>> AC and THe Growler?
>>
No...NoFM2R and the chap who had cancer, he bought a newish Jag XJ, can't remember his user name.

What wasn't very nice was his widow reading some of this stuff on here after he'd died... only to find some particular insensitive diatribe about how he'd probably been faking it.
I said it annoyed me when someone didn't say thank you.

So, how was I wrong? And where did the "Deja Vu" come in?

And as for the other, do get over yourselves. Not that I really expect that to happen.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 9 Mar 15 at 09:02
I'll fence sit here. I too thought the dying bloke was faking it, and what numskull invites his widow on here to examine the ashes? I still think it was a windup.

Thats the defence of mr NFM2R

In this thread however he deserves a severe kick in the nuts, hasty - very very hasty remarks, and then an ill deserved and unjustified diatribe, whining away and stamping his foot like a spoilt kid who dog has just nicked his ice cream then crapped in his cone. Pathetic it was. Abjectly pathetic. I tried to warn him but he wouldn't listen.

Last edited by: Zero on Mon 9 Mar 15 at 09:47
uhhh, thanks.

I think.

But don't worry, I've never sought approval, specially from people obsessed with disagreeing with me.

I stand by my comment anyway, its was the whining minnies who got all upset about me calling someone rude and made a big thing of it.

Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 9 Mar 15 at 09:51

>> I stand by my comment anyway, its was the whining minnies who got all upset
>> about me calling someone rude and made a big thing of it.

Now you are sulking.
>> its was the whining minnies who got all upset about me calling someone rude and made a big thing of it.

Who got upset FMR? I certainly didn't.

But I really didn't understand why you exploded with rage against ak700 accusing him of being rude and doing a troll wind-up, when it looked to me as if he simply lacked writing skills in a big way. No one would go to the trouble of simulating something like that.

I dunno, perhaps you're right and I'm wrong. But I thought you overreacted to ak700.

>>But I really didn't understand why you exploded with rage against ak700

"Exploded with rage"???

What I actually said before the whining minnies started....

"I get irritated when we try to help someone who then neither thanks us politely nor keeps us updated"

I think your definition or understanding of "exploded with rage" has slipped over the yard arm along with the sun.
>> I think your definition or understanding of "exploded with rage" has slipped over the yard arm along with the sun.

Up yours too squire. He wasn't rude and you called him rude. Strike out exploded if it makes you happy. But something resembling rage was apparent.

In your case there's no question of verbal incompetence, more a suggestion of emotional instability. You aren't the only choleric individual who posts here. Why, some even accuse me of being one.

>> He wasn't rude and you called him rude. Strike out exploded if it makes you happy. But something resembling rage was apparent.

Looking back at the thread, I think you did explode with rage actually, after your initial, patient and careful attempts to help ak700 understand his situation. You felt your efforts had been dismissed out of hand. He got a bit defensive with me too about his insurance, when I tried to sympathise having been there I thought. But he's a Punjabi speaker whose English isn't too good. Why should he know what we mean any more than we know what he means?

Still strikes me as odd that you don't know that some people or cultures are no good at formal expressions of gratitude or appreciation. They aren't being rude, their manners are exercised in other areas.
>> What wasn't very nice was his widow reading some of this stuff on here after
>> he'd died... only to find some particular insensitive diatribe about how he'd probably been faking
>> it.

True, but she only saw it because somebody went out of their way and pointed it out to her.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 9 Mar 15 at 10:46
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
Who was that Bromp?

Pat
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
>>True, but she only saw it because somebody went out of their way and pointed it out to her. <<

Can you clarify who you were pointing the finger at there Bromp, as I was in email contact with Nick for a good two years since he was first diagnosed, and to my knowledge he wasn't in contact with any other forum member.

I feel you may well be making a wrong assumption and I do still have the emails concerned to prove it certainly wasn't me.

Pat
I seem to recall you claimed you directed his wife to look here for comments about him?
>> I seem to recall you claimed you directed his wife to look here for comments
>> about him?

That was my recollection too.
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
I most certainly didn't and what's more I can prove it...hence my insistence that Bromp doesn't make sweeping statements of 'fact' without backing them up.

Pat
well I am really not sure how two of us (who barely agree on anything) can share the same recollection, are you saying we are both mistaken?
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
I've made my position absolutely clear with all the proof needed.

Bromp hasn't bothered to reply and you still stand with the accusations.

Surely an apology would be more appropriate?

Pat

>> I've made my position absolutely clear with all the proof needed.
>>
>> Bromp hasn't bothered to reply and you still stand with the accusations.
>>
>> Surely an apology would be more appropriate?
>>
>> Pat

My recollection is as follows:

There was a thread about the guy's illness. I think he'd started it in a bucket list sort of sense about motoring things to do after receiving a terminal diagnosis. He added to it from time to time describing his condition but eventually thread went quiet.

Some months later question arose as to how he was and at least one poster, and Zero was one of them IIRC, speculated as to whether it was a a wind up. I think people here by and large tell the truth and that creating a story of that complexity would be professional scriptwriter territory so unlikely to be a jape. In that context I thought the comments were out of order and so did others - not necessarily in that sequence. We said so, probably forcefully.

In the way of things on here it got a bit silly and very heated.

It then emerged that somebody had been in PM contact with him. That person then emailed to find out how he was, getting a reply from his wife to effect that he'd died. Wife was invited to view posts, or alternatively was given gist and was understandably upset.

My memory says person in email contact and who 'spilled the beans' was Pat.

If I'm wrong about that I unreservedly apologise.

I presume the thread was locked/deleted.

Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 9 Mar 15 at 17:44

>> My memory says person in email contact and who 'spilled the beans' was Pat.
>>
>> If I'm wrong about that I unreservedly apologise.
>>
>> I presume the thread was locked/deleted.

That is the way I remembered it. The thread was locked or deleted i think as I can find it now, But i certainly seem to recall that as Pat was the only one in touch she must have been the only one to point the widow to this forum, or for dramatic effect claims she did.

As that is the way I remembered it, not telling lies or making stuff up, I have nothing to apologise for.
>> I've made my position absolutely clear with all the proof needed.
>>
>> Bromp hasn't bothered to reply and you still stand with the accusations.
>>
>> Surely an apology would be more appropriate?
>>
>> Pat

Apologise? Ok clear up this confusion, how did his widow come to read the "doubts about his death" posts on here?
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
I can provide a set of emails that prove Bromp is wrong in his last statement.

They are personal emails from Nick to myself and from me to him.

I can provide the final email from his wife after I has sent him the last email not knowing he had passed away.

This proves I had never been in contact with her before she emails me and after she had visited the forum and read the disgusting and hurtful comments on it.

These are very personal emails and I don't intend to make them public on here ( Nick spoke of his fears many times) however if you can nominate someone neutral, who I trust too, I am happy to forward the emails to them to make a judgement as to whether I am telling the truth or not.

.........BUT, why the hell should I have to do this???

Pat

Ok so you admit you sent an email stating that people were talking about him on this site?

And why should you have to clear it up? because you brought it up, using it as a tool to slap someone else.

We didn't start it.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 9 Mar 15 at 19:34
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
No Z, you're the one blustering because of the comment you made above about still thinking it was a wind up.
Now you know I have proof we get the usual shouting and accusations to deflect from you're own failings.

Pat
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
I see you've edited out the 'shouting' now!

Pat
Last edited by: Pat on Mon 9 Mar 15 at 19:39
Ah whatever Pat, at the end of the day your actions directed the wife to this web site. Not me, not bromp, no-one else but you.

you are at the one who resurrected that again on here, not me, not bromp, but you.

you are at the one who used it to have a go at someone else, not me not bromp but you.

none of those are deniable. everything in this little exchange is a result of your actions.
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
If it makes you feel better to shift the blame then so be it Z.

I've offered proof, but neither you or Bromp want to take me up on it.

That speaks for itself.

Pat
Leave Zero to argue with himself Pat, He is a sad attention seeker.
>> Leave Zero to argue with himself Pat, He is a sad attention seeker.

oh whoever you sad old git you are always there on the sidelines no valid opinions for yourself just jumping around excitedly Fight Fight Look miss
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 9 Mar 15 at 19:11
>> If it makes you feel better to shift the blame then so be it Z.
>>
>> I've offered proof, but neither you or Bromp want to take me up on it.

if it helps to ease your conscience, who am i to kick your crutch away.
>> I've offered proof, but neither you or Bromp want to take me up on it.

You've offered proof but then withdrawn it because, for reasons that are entirely understandable, you won't disclose the e-mail correspondence with Nick's widow you say backs up your account.

For my part I've said that if I got this wrong I apologise unreservedly.

All could have been avoided though if you'd not chosen to respond so promptly to my reply to Westpig at 10:46 today.

Instead you asked me not once but twice to name the forummer I alluded to in that reply.

I waited to see if anyone else responded before agreeing with Zero in pointing a finger at you.

I won't vote with a coward's thumb up/down and reply direct.

I see not reason why Pat should offer evidence of all her email correspondence to Nick and his surviving wife and family. A positive doesn't prove a negative anyway.

I find this response a little unsettling to be honest. If I knew you I'd tell you so to your face Bromtonaut. You even make out Pat is wrong to promptly reply to your reply to Westpig... so a slow reply would have better?

Five years on for this forum and we see some things I don't like. And I've posted inappropriately over the years so no angel/

And then we have Espada venture back only to see Dog come back soon after.

It does not bode well for this forum. I doubt if we see Espada back.
>>after she had visited the forum and read the disgusting and hurtful comments on it.

Somebody said that they had pointed the wife at this place, which was clearly a seriously dumb ass to do and at the time it came across as someone trying to inflate their own relevance.

Now, much as Pat was being fairly sanctimonious about the whole thing, I didn't think it was her that did it. But its a vague memory, and I can neither remember who it actually was, or even think of who it could have been.

But I did have the idea that it was not Pat. I may be wrong.

However, whoever it was said they were in email contact with that user. So if Pat insists that she was the only one......

>>why the hell should I have to do this???

No reason at all. And I can't really understand why you care what people think. Certainly not enough to bother about proving stuff.

But in the end, in your desperation to have a go at me, you did bring the subject up, nobody else. Perhaps you didn't think it through.
 Peugeot - accident - sooty123
I too thought it was pda that showed the thead to his widow. Might be wrong though.
>> I too thought it was pda that showed the thead to his widow. Might be
>> wrong though.
>>

If pda did then it was from a post on the forum we know this. Where is that post?

And apologies to ak700 for hijacking the thread - no wonder few new members stay!

Luckily for us this forum exists on a tiny CentOS Linux VM that would cost us about £4/day and the adverts just about cover it.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 9 Mar 15 at 22:40
 Peugeot - accident - sooty123
>> >> I too thought it was pda that showed the thead to his widow. Might
>> be
>> >> wrong though.
>> >>
>>
>> If pda did then it was from a post on the forum we know this.
>> Where is that post?
>>

No idea, it was just from my memory. Looking at vxfan post i want too far off. No drama.
>> This proves I had never been in contact with her before she emails me and
>> after she had visited the forum and read the disgusting and hurtful comments on it.

Just to try and clear things up. The thread in question wasn't deleted, it was hidden. I've just looked back through it and what Pat says is true. At no point during their emails to one another did she have any contact with other members of Nick's family prior to his death. The only things Pat knew about his family was what Nick had disclosed to her.

Pat hadn't heard from Nick for a few weeks so she emailed him (as any friend would) and asked if he was ok and to come back to the forum to respond to some of the hurtful comments that had been posted about him. A short time later Nick's wife replied informing that he had sadly passed away.

Granted, Pat had mentioned the forum in her email, but how was Pat supposed to know his wife was going to read it when prior to that point Pat had no contact with her?

In short, Pat did not intentionally mean to invite Nick's wife here. It was purely an accident. I'm sure we've all put our foot in it from time to time.

Vx.

edit, I probably could have worded that better, but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 10 Mar 15 at 02:05
 Peugeot - accident - Pat
Thanks VX, and to clarify further my only mention of car4play in my last email to Nick was this

>>Alanovic has been asking after you and wants me to pass on his best wishes to you.<<

Which prompted his wife to go on the forum to reply before she emailed me back to let me know the situation.

That certainly doesn't warrant veiled accusations that I invited her to view the thread.

In fact, in my book nothing warrants 'veiled accusations' at all.

Accuse me of something by all means, but have the balls to say it straight and name me, allow me to defend myself and then we'll all know where we stand.

If anyone still has doubts I'm happy to forward the series of emails to a neutral person we both trust not to disclose the content, to make a judgement.

Am I angry? Doesn't even begin to describe it.

Pat

>> Am I angry? Doesn't even begin to describe it.

I dont apologise I still stand by what I said, it wasn't actually that far from the nub of events - it was YOUR actions that prompted the widow to come back to the website, a place that you knew already had doubtful comments. You at least were convinced he was dying so lord knows how you thought he would react. Was that the actions of someone sensible? No that was the act of someone looking to prove a point.

What would most sensible people have done? They would have written an email, not mentioning the forum, but generally enquiring after his health.

Of course the worse scenario happened. In truth that could have been foreseen as a possibility.

Angry? You are only angry because you know it what you did. And you could have saved your anger by not bringing back up at all. I'll lay a fiver aside now to give to a charity in a few years because I'll bet you'll do it again.

And that is my final word on the subject. Probably get deleted anyway. I blame Dave.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 10 Mar 15 at 07:47
 Peugeot - accident - Dog
>>. I blame Dave.

So do I.

Peugeot - accident - Pat
>>And that is my final word on the subject<<

But you still won't risk the proof I have repeatedly offered because you know it will prove you wrong!

>>
What would most sensible people have done? They would have written an email, not mentioning the forum, but generally enquiring after his health.<<

At least you admit you're not sensible with your take on his health publicly pronounced at every opportunity.

If you had any compassion whatsoever you would understand that anyone with a terminal illness dreads people enquiring after their health.

You and Mark dropped a major public clanger over Nick and were both left with egg on your faces, so don't try blaming me for your indiscretions.

I repeat, the proof is here for anyone wanting it.

Pat
*deleted* I can't be bothered to reply to such a foolish position.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 10 Mar 15 at 09:22
 Peugeot - accident - Westpig
Well here's my ten penneth worth.

In my experience, people in a bad place either through illness or grief or whatever often find themselves well and truly on their own, because other people around them are uncomfortable dealing with the issue... so they steer clear.

I think anyone willing to work through that, maintain contact and not have a problem with whatever the issue is, is doing the victim of the issue a big favour... so in that respect I think Pat was doing a good thing.

I cannot stand prevarication (sorry, couldn't resist) and think being straightforward is a virtue... but...there are limits.

I too, very quickly have doubted a couple of the new posters on here... however, I also think we should give the benefit of the doubt and not dive in until it is either proven or it is beyond a reasonable doubt... and some posters should be more sensitive to others and not be so willing to offend.

I've posted this before and I hope he doesn't mind... but I find myself often coming from the other angle from Bromptonaut. I have no doubt that what I post sometimes exasperates him.. however he is always unfailingly polite and respectful, which I appreciate...

... and I think there should be a bit more of that. It's more civilised.
Last edited by: Westpig on Wed 11 Mar 15 at 08:41
>> AC and THe Growler?

I remember the Growler. Interesting poster who lived in the Philippines I think. But I don't remember having any sort of contretemps with him. It was a long time ago.

He died I seem to remember and his wife took over as Growlette.
>> Growler. Interesting poster who lived in the Philippines I think.

He was a biker with a lot of biker friends. Had one of those beefy Harley-Davidson tricycles perhaps.
 Peugeot - accident - BobbyG
I know it is un PC to say it but I found Growlers posts very long and boring!

Maybe suitable for a specific blog but not for forum threads like this.
I don't remember Growler & AC particularly going at it, although Growler could be an awkward git at times.

He certainly did write some really long stuff, which mostly I didn't read. Some of the shorter stuff was interesting though.
tl;dr in current spk then Bobby?

I found them a well written insight into life of UK expat in Phillipines. STR that HJ made some quite concerted attempt to contact Growlette after GRowlers death. He thought, rightly IMHO, that she wrote well enough to be published.

For whatever reason nowt came of it.
 Peugeot - accident - BobbyG
HJ has a particular personal interest in the Philippines area doesn't he?
Specifically Thailand, I think.
I think he has some fingers in a few pies* there.

*rhyming slang.....
>> I think he has some fingers in a few pies* there.
>>
>> *rhyming slang.....

I need a hint....
Sucky sucky ten dollar?
No need to be coy with us BBD. You can come right out and say it.
>> >> I think he has some fingers in a few pies* there.
>> >>
>> >> *rhyming slang.....
>>
>> I need a hint....

Pies Thais?
>>Pies Thais?

Oooooohhhh, I see. I;d never have got that connection in a million years.
 Peugeot - accident - ToMoCo
>> I think he has some fingers in a few pies* there.
>>
>> *rhyming slang.....
>>

Guys?
>> I found Growlers posts very long and boring!

Glad it wasn't just me then.
Is he dead then?
No, it wasnt just you.

But if you recall HJ was besotted and thus HJ's sycophants enthused beyond reason.
>> But if you recall HJ was besotted

Yes, I remember, and for reasons already given.
>> HJ was besotted

Perhaps, but I don't think so. Growler was an early adherent with Far-East connections, so there was a certain loyalty. That seems more than likely.

I liked HJ. He had brains and a good filing system. He still does his column in the Saturday comic, telling the punters what's what.
 Peugeot - accident - The Melting Snowman
I think they were called Letters from The Colonies, or something similar. Not my cup of tea, found then too long and tedious. If I'm not grabbed after the second paragraph, then I move on. I agree with BobbyG, they may have been better suited to a different forum. The HJ site is looking a bit tired now in my view, I suspect a make-over may be due. Not a bad site though for advice, I think he is definitely on the side of the motorist. Some of his advice is debatable - his one-time obsession with left foot braking springs to mind. I remember a fairly intensive spat about varifocals as well. I prefer this site though.
 Peugeot - accident - Focusless
>> I think they were called Letters from The Colonies

eg. www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=43870
 Peugeot - accident - Fenlander
No disrespect to the deceased as such but I always assumed Growlette was Growler in a different hat.
>> No disrespect to the deceased as such but I always assumed Growlette was Growler in
>> a different hat.

Interesting. I always found the way that Growlette wrote about Growler as being pretty cringe-worthy and toe-curling, but I never thought they were the same person.

He always seemed like a normal, long-term, old-fashioned ex-pat to me, quite common out there, and just as often Australian.

Bit boring, but decent enough bloke with no harm in him.
>>>Interesting. I always found the way that Growlette wrote about Growler as being pretty cringe-worthy and toe-curling, but I never thought they were the same person.

Not one of the top worries in life but I'm still not sure. As you say some of the writing from Growlette was pretty cringy but at the same time Growlette was also portrayed as a strong independent woman so that always puzzled me.

The other thing was that after Growler died not even HJ could get in touch with Growlette and it was Growler's sister not Growlette who responded to DwightVanDriver's enquiries to his e.mail address which I thought odd.

As I say no big deal but...
>> No disrespect to the deceased as such but I always assumed Growlette was Growler in
>> a different hat.

Well thanks a bundle for that Fenlander. I now have this vision of a big fat old hairy wrinkly sun burned tattooed biker wearing a sarong and a wee fascinator.
>>> I now have this vision of a big fat old hairy wrinkly sun burned tattooed biker wearing a sarong and a wee fascinator.

Indeed... and I mean this in the most non-stiring way possible from what I've seen of recent threads.. we only need to find Pat's been in touch with Growlette and I'm doomed.
>> I always assumed Growlette was Growler in a different hat.

There used to be photos floating about the internet of the pair of them together, so I don't think they were the same person. When I get 5 mins I'll see if the old MSN HJ site is still alive.
Oh I know she really existed and remember the pics... just if she wrote the Growlette stuff??
Ah, ISWYMN
someone appears to be having fun with the thumbs and scowlies
>> someone appears to be having fun with the thumbs and scowlies
>>

'cos he can???
Latest Forum Posts