Motoring Discussion > Chaos on the A11 last night Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 7

Chaos on the A11 last night - bathtub tom
I was driving West down the A11 last night.

Shortly after passing Barton Mills around 6:00pm I met a car facing the wrong way that had hit the central barrier.

A little way further there were half-a-dozen cars at the side of the road which my passenger said looked like they'd been involved in a multiple crunch.

A little further on from there I felt the car squirming as if I'd a rear tyre deflating. I was at an exit and left the A11 to examine the car (there's no hard shoulder). I passed another half dozen or so cars that had pulled off and stopped. My tyres were OK.

I assume there had been a fuel spill over some considerable distance.

Anyone else that way last night, or anyone heard anything that could enlighten me?
 Chaos on the A11 last night - WillDeBeest
And you didn't stop for any of this?
 Chaos on the A11 last night - bathtub tom
>> And you didn't stop for any of this?

Self preservation old boy!

Would you stop, unnecessarily, on a NSL dual carriageway, at night when there was a safe haven in sight?

goo.gl/maps/bJO25
 Chaos on the A11 last night - WillDeBeest
Unnecessarily, of course not. But you describe a scene littered with wrecked cars, spilt fuel and - for all you knew - injured people in need of assistance.
 Chaos on the A11 last night - Bromptonaut
>> Unnecessarily, of course not. But you describe a scene littered with wrecked cars, spilt fuel
>> and - for all you knew - injured people in need of assistance.

I read OP as reporting one or perhaps two accidents (a) impact with barrier (b) several cars involved in nose/tail impacts. Provided you were not obviously first on scene and there were people there, albeit walking wounded, to summon emergency services not sure why you'd stop. Maybe different if you were a Doc or paramedic but too many concerned but unqualified cooks?

Chaos on the A11 last night - Haywain
......... And anyway, having just escaped the gravitational pull of Norfolk, you understandably wanted to keep going. [CG is on holiday, I understand]
 Chaos on the A11 last night - Zero
>> ......... And anyway, having just escaped the gravitational pull of Norfolk, you understandably wanted to
>> keep going. [CG is on holiday, I understand]

well clearly he escaped the gravitational pull.
 Chaos on the A11 last night - Haywain
"well clearly he escaped the gravitational pull."

And I bet he didn't stop either!
Latest Forum Posts