Motoring Discussion > Honda - Honda Accord Buying / Selling
Thread Author: MD Replies: 3

Honda - Honda Accord - MD
Has anybody had any experience of the Accord in 2.4 EX guise. Petrol/Auto. Thanks. M.D.
 Honda - Honda Accord - helicopter
Sure have MD ......

Currently running 2.4EX petrol manual ,a 54 reg and previously had the auto tourer which was written off in floods but resold to my local independant who put another engine in and is still going strong ,its an 04.

Cannot really fault it ,it is a Honda after all ,reliable and comfortable.

Only non normal replacement items on current one at 75k in 7 years since I bought it has been an abs sensor replacement.
 Honda - Honda Accord - Mapmaker
Slightly OT, I am running the Diesel manual version (a "tourer" on a 55 plate) and have been doing so for three years now, I think. Can't fault it at all; great load lugger, almost faultlessly reliable despite the garage's best efforts (!). It's not that attractive from behind, and it's probably a bit boring, but it's cheap and reliable motoring.
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Fri 13 Mar 15 at 15:39
 Honda - Honda Accord - Lygonos
Accord is more a Jetta sized car than Mondeo inside.

Haven't driven one, but I expect the engine will be much the same as the 1.8 and 2.0 iVTEC engines I've had in the FRV and CRV: smooth as silk to the 7000 red line, with a noticeable boost in pull after 4000rpm - not quite as Jekyll/Hyde as the earlier VTEC on my 1.8 Civic (where the transition was at 6000rpm and kept going to nearly 8500).

Made in Britain if that means anything to you ;-)

Latest Forum Posts