Motoring Discussion > Anyone seen this car? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 18

Anyone seen this car? - Focusless
Woman launches public appeal to find her brand new car - because she went to a job interview and can't remember where she parked it

tinyurl.com/p8rcjz9 (DM)
 Anyone seen this car? - Dog
I wouldn't mind, but she's not even a blonde.

:}
 Anyone seen this car? - VxFan
>> Woman launches public appeal to find her brand new car

"The carer, who had driven all the way from Southampton, had only bought the £4,000 Seat Ibiza a few days earlier. "

Hardly brand new if it only cost £4000. (not having a pop at you, btw. Typical DM inaccuracies).

Mind you, £4000 for a 12 plate Seat Ibiza sounds good value.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 13 Mar 15 at 10:30
 Anyone seen this car? - Boxsterboy
She's a care worker who can't even care for her own car?!

Not the sort of care worker I would want looking after me in my dottage.
 Anyone seen this car? - Dog
>>Not the sort of care worker I would want looking after me in my dottage.

The sort of care worker I would want looking after me in my cottage.

;-)
 Anyone seen this car? - Dave_
>> Mind you, £4000 for a 12 plate Seat Ibiza sounds good value.

Probably £4000 down, £100 a month for three years and another £4000 to keep it...
 Anyone seen this car? - WillDeBeest
Typo for £14,000? Made by a young London-based reporter who has no reason to know what a car actually costs and missed by a sub who didn't know either and didn't bother to look it up.
Mind you, £4000 for a 12 plate Seat Ibiza sounds good value.

After the deal you did on that Astra anything must seem good value.
Yawn. It was getting boring several weeks ago.

FYI I made no mention of what the Astra cost me to buy, so you know FA about the deal.

Change the record and move on.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 13 Mar 15 at 13:09
Still enjoying your floor mats?
Like I said, yawnnnnnnnn.
I see you have a scowly caddy to hold your coat; or someone who finds floor mats offensive. OK, you can tell us all about them in your 2,000 Miles in My Astra report. Something to look forward to.
>> you can tell us all about them in your 2,000 Miles in My Astra report

I shan't be bothering because certain imbeciles not a million miles away won't appreciate it and will only pick holes.

Scowlies aren't from me, btw. Perhaps someone else finds your repetitive comments boring too.
 Anyone seen this car? - Duncan
They may or may not be boring, but I don't see the need to get grumpy about it.
 Anyone seen this car? - Runfer D'Hills
I think it's a stray dog peeing on gateposts.
I'm not grumpy, Dunc, I'm all smiles today - and I had sushi for lunch, which was a treat. But you're right, it seems a pity to let buyer's remorse get in the way of providing useful information to those who come to this site in search of real-world experiences. And I think calling them 'imbeciles' is a bit strong, don't you?
Last edited by: WillDeBeest on Fri 13 Mar 15 at 14:42
 Anyone seen this car? - No FM2R
>> it seems a pity to let buyer's remorse get in the way of providing useful information

Surely you should replace "buyer's" with "some bloke who doesn't like how someone else spent their own money"?
 Anyone seen this car? - No FM2R
I always enjoy the long term reports, even when its about a car I do not, or am not likely to, own.

FWIW, I've had a couple of Astras, a Nova, several Cavaliers and a Vectra. All a few years ago now, but they all seemed like perfectly reasonable cars to me. In fact, I loved my Cavalier 2.0CD and the subsequent 2.0L was my first brand new car, and my first car paid for by someone else - fond memories.

Oh, and I also had rather a nice Cavlier or Vectra (can't remember which) in Rio when my Audi was blown up with a petrol bomb.

Mind you, my feelings about Vauxhalls of 10 - 20 years ago probably have no relevance to the Vauxhalls of today.
 Anyone seen this car? - madf

>>
>> Mind you, my feelings about Vauxhalls of 10 - 20 years ago probably have no
>> relevance to the Vauxhalls of today.
>>
>>

Agreed. They don't make them like they used to...:-)
Latest Forum Posts