Motoring Discussion > Chrysler Crossfire - Spin
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 9

Chrysler Crossfire - Spin - Mapmaker
Was taken for a spin in one of these. Quite fun with the roof down and heated seats. Made quite a noise too. Not a lot of money for what is essentially an SLK (think I've got the right one). Confess I'd never even heard of it before...
 Chrysler Crossfire - Spin - Runfer D'Hills
A girl in our office had one and loved it. They both liked a drink mind.
 Chrysler Crossfire - Spin - Armel Coussine
I'm not keen on the Crossfire's styling. It's fussy, sort of overstyled.

Unlike some, I quite like the Cruiser's styling. It's been a good car in my hands too so far - I've had it for 20,000 miles or so, and it's still sweet as a nut more or less at 103,000.

It's also more economical than you might expect, if you drive it right (quasi-mimsing) as I usually do. But if you rev it out in the gears until it sounds raucous - red line at over 6,500 rpm - it drinks a bit.

I don't like the styling of the Chrysler people carrier thing at all. But it's all a matter of personal taste. I'd probably enjoy a V8 Crossfire, if there is one, despite its embarrassing looks. Even a V6... funny how one always wants more cylinders. But they do make a jalopy sound better (and one would hope, go better).
 Chrysler Crossfire - Spin - mikeyb
Friend has one. Odd choice for her but she needed an auto, and it was offered for couple of grand by a friend who had owned from new.

Think shes quite happy with it
Clearly a girl's car then. I thought it might attract more boys.
 Chrysler Crossfire - Spin - WillDeBeest
Judging from the number we see it doesn't really seem to have attracted many of either sex. I think it's based on the original mid-90s SLK, as the 300C is on the W210 E saloon of the same period. Hardly Daimler-Benz's finest hour in engineering or commercial terms, and a very old design now, but I suppose the rococo American design touches might appeal to some.

Coincidentally, though, I did follow one in a queue near Maidenhead just after MM mentioned it; same one for all I know.
 Chrysler Crossfire - Spin - bathtub tom
Didn't Clarkson give it the kiss of death when he described the back end as reminiscent of a dog defecating?
 Chrysler Crossfire - Spin - WillDeBeest
Don't know, but the S-type reminds me of the same thing - with a toilet lid on the front end for full lavatorial effect.
 Chrysler Crossfire - Spin - ToMoCo
I quite like them, the ribbed bonnet is a little different and the rear reminds me a bit of the peculiar Stout Scarab.

Quite decent performance from the V6 too.

Having said that, If I was in the market I'd be looking elsewhere. (Nissan Z or something)
>>Didn't Clarkson give it the kiss of death when he described the back end as reminiscent of a dog defecating?

Only if you (a) listen to him and (b) care!

I was struck by how much it looked like a Porsche 911 from behind - though this one was a rag top, not the hard-top of Clarksomn infamy. I thought it was quite a good-looking beast and felt tempted (for 20 seconds or so) by one...
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Mon 16 Mar 15 at 16:22
Latest Forum Posts