Motoring Discussion > Austin - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 10

Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - Falkirk Bairn
Mini Van bought by customer who never passed her driving test and lay unused for 30 yrs.

Current owner looking for £25K!! Seems a bit steep to me!

tinyurl.com/qfghbmb

Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - Harleyman
Have you seen the prices for restored ones on fleabay?

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if it actually exceeded the guide price.
 Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - Falkirk Bairn
>> Have you seen the prices for restored ones on fleabay?
>>
>> Wouldn't be a bit surprised if it actually exceeded the guide price.

Asking Price & selling Price can be very different.
 Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - Robin O'Reliant
Cars are made to be driven and having had a fair few miles in a Mini Van (Not mine, a councils) I wouldn't pay 25k for one of those awful things.

If you just want one to look at hang a picture of it on the wall.
 Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - Dog
£25k is a lot of money, to some. If I had Lud's sort of money, I'd buy it, just to keep chickens in.

:}
 Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - Zero
Ok its not my cup of tea, but worth 25k? Every penny of it. Look at the state of it, completely untouched and unused from new almost, makes most 'concourse' efforts look like scrap yard fodder.
 Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - Runfer D'Hills
When we were children my friend's mum had one of those. She used to load the back of it up with kids. We all sat on a sheet of foam rubber she'd cut to fit. No seats, no seat belts either of course. On corners you just had to brace yourself on another kid. No one died.
 Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - J Bonington Jagworth
"completely untouched and unused"

and probably unusable, without replacement of bushes, rubber insulation, hoses and, in the case of a Mini, probably the suspension. Minis were cheap and nasty, and the van doubly so.
 Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - WillDeBeest
...customer who never passed her driving test and lay unused for 30 yrs.

Roberta van Winkle? Where was BBD all that time?
 Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - Dog
>>customer who never passed her driving test and lay unused for 30 yrs.

Roberta van Winkle? Where was BBD all that time?

i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/151/905/noopassthemi128584756925535236.jpg
 Austin (Rover) Mini - under 400 miles & 47 yrs old!! only 2 owners - Cliff Pope
Is that the original plastic protective seat covering?
I remember something much more substantial that - thicker and sort of sewn into the seat fabric - it would tear off like a row of perforations. For some reason people used to try and preserve it as long as possible, to postpone the day when the seats started to wear out I suppose.
Latest Forum Posts