Motoring Discussion > A new two wheeled member of the family. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 5

A new two wheeled member of the family. - R.P.
Well seeing as my wife is progressing through the Learner process for motorcycling, the time was right for a fleet review. She considers her 125 learner bike as boring, so once she finishes the direct access process she fancied a new bike. Cue a flurry of motorcycle magazines and agonizing over 600 to 650 cc motorcycles. We had a shortlist and visited the excellent A&D Motorcycle dealer in Denbigh yesterday. She tried a Kawasaki ER-6F and following a patient demonstration of product knowledge from the sales staff there we have ended up with a pre-reg 0 miles bike for a substantial discount from the a new one. I say "we" as the GS will now be tarted up a bit and sold privately to make way for the new kid and I will use the Kwaker as a pottering bike. Nice bike, nice price, nice dealer....
 A new two wheeled member of the family. - Baz
I've sat on several and the ergonomics are perfect for me, particularly like the faired version as a do-all bike. The parallel twin apparently is excellent and very economical. I'm currently riding a Fazer FZ6, the unfaired model. Great summer bike but quite fierce clutch and throttle and the R6 engine goes like stink. It's pretty good all round but I might go for something softer, more comfortable and with better weather protection next time!.
GS - just the bike for you !
 A new two wheeled member of the family. - Hard Cheese

PU, let us have details of the GS, age, mileage etc?

EDIT: BTW the ER6 motor is a cracker.

Last edited by: Cheddar on Sat 10 Jul 10 at 07:42
 A new two wheeled member of the family. - Iffy
...a new two-wheeled member of the family...

Congratulations - bet you can't wait to do some proper touring with your lass.

Better two wheels than two legs at your time of life. :)

04 - Blue, ABS version - no corrosion in the usual places, Crash bars, low seat - heated grips - tons of torque.....!!! Thinking of around 5.2k (seems to be the going rate) 8.7k miles.
Latest Forum Posts