Motoring Discussion > MotoGP Discussion - Vol 3 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 23

MotoGP Discussion - Vol 3 - VxFan
As the title suggests, a place to discuss MotoGP.

(Formula One, and all other types of motorsport has a section of its own).

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then reply to this post and remember to change the default subject header.

Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 30 Mar 15 at 10:09
 MotoGP 2015 - henry k
Silverstone steps in to host 2015 & 2016 British MotoGP

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/31420233
 Qatar MotoGP - Pat
I thought last nights race from Qatar was worthy of starting a new thread for 2015 since the last post on the old thread was 2013.

This may well turn out t0 be the best race of the season as the battle for the podium was so close.

The new Ducati is a rocket in disguise and Dovi and Iannone were up there at the front all the time.

Lorenzo and Rossi fought them hard but in the end Rossi proved his experience and the last five laps were heart attack material!

Watched live on his and hers tablets in the caravan, it would be fair to say it rocked when Rossi crossed the line first followed less than two tenths of a second behind by Dovi and Iannone third.

Rossi declared it his best battle ever for victory and I do have to agree:)

Pat
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 30 Mar 15 at 10:01
 Qatar MotoGP - VxFan
>> since the last post on the old thread was 2013.

It was July 2014 Pat. But as Vol 2 has ~100 posts in it, I've started a new thread.

edit, it was actually Feb 2015, but I've moved Henry's post to this thread ;)

Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 30 Mar 15 at 10:08
 MotoGP 2015 - J Bonington Jagworth
No comments on the British one just gone? I thought it was terrific, with Rossi showing (again) that youth and enthusiasm is no match for age and experience, especially in the rain. Marquez only had to stay on for an assured second place, but how many racers think like that?

Miller taking out his team-mate Crutchlow was quite a moment, too..!
 MotoGP 2015 - Pat
I thought it was brilliant even though I was driving and unable to see it until later that night!

I really do hope Rossi gets this one last championship this year...he can't go on much longer.

Good to see him and Lorenzo seem to have settled their differences now.

Marquez has more enthusiasm than experience at the moment and it shows but he will come good again, I'm sure.

Loved seeing Petrucci on the podium, his face was a picture:)

Miller....one to be watched closely in the future, I'm sure.

I did a rain dance for Rossi all morning but I was in Reading and hadn't had any rain at all when we left at 3.30pm so I didn't know if it had worked or not!

Pat
 MotoGP 2015 - J Bonington Jagworth
I hope he gets it too, Pat. Honda must be spitting blood this season!
 MotoGP 2015 - Pat
They are....quite nice to watch though;)

Pat
 MotoGP 2015 - Robin O'Reliant
I've not watched any Moto GP since the BBC lost the rights to BT Sport a few years ago, but inspired by Cal Crutchlow becoming the first Brit to win a round since Barry Sheene in 1981 I caught the ITV4 Silverstone highlights on catchup tonight. I must say I never had any faith in Crutchlow and thought it was only a matter of time before he went to Superbikes but he looks a different rider now, the tendency to chuck it down the road when the pressure was on has gone and he looks top class. He'd never have got that second place five years ago, let alone the win the other week at Brno. Happy to be wrong there.

Rossi should be a washed up old has been by now, but he's still up there competing for the crown, what a remarkable rider.

And lastly, sitting on the edge of my seat for nearly an hour watching riders band fairings through 125mph corners makes one realise what a miserable, boring and overhyped pile of poo Formua 1 has become. I know which one I'd pick to show on mainstream TV.
 MotoGP 2015 - rtj70
First reply to the MotoGP thread in 12 months.... Somethings wrong.
That's a result of going to pay TV, you become marginalised and out of public view and interest. Formula 1 beware, because that is due to disappear from terrestrial TV in a couple of years too.
 MotoGP 2015 - rtj70
But Pat likes MotoGP and she posted on here for help watching it with broadband problems. I know because I spent time helping her.

F1 could change - it's about to be sold to Liberty Media's owner isn't it? The short guy probably will have some say.
She'll put us right on this, but I seem to remember she dumped BT's internet service after a few problems.
 MotoGP 2015 - rtj70
And then she used an app to access it on the tablet/computer connected to the TV. Which used to be fine for qualifying etc and then stutter during the race.

She wanted to know if using a different computer, Ethernet cable rather than WiFi, or even if it was her Internet connection.

In the end the conclusion was the website she was visiting was to blame.
 MotoGP 2015 - Pat
We have a subscription to Videoplus directly from the MotoGP website to watch it after the prices for BT went up and up and then I think they moved it from the main BT Sport channels too.

Their broadband was rubbish too.

We watch it every week and with VideoPlus can watch it when we want to when I'm working on a Sunday so it suits us fine now we have got the initial problems fine tuned.

I'm no fan of Crutchlow and think he must be a PR nightmare for any team to work with but he certainly has matured and done very well this last few weeks.

Sundays race from Silverstone was racing at it's best and had us both shouting from the sofa! (5 cats all hiding too!)

Rossi is amazing for his age and I really do think he will win one more championship next year before retiring.

Lorenzo and Marquez seem to have lost a lot of popularity after the troubles at the end of last year and to a large extent this seems to have an effect on their racing this season.

The Michelin tyres aren't helping either but they are making for good racing for those who have managed to get used to them.

Pat
>> We have a subscription to Videoplus directly from the MotoGP website to watch it after
>> the prices for BT went up and up and then I think they moved it
>> from the main BT Sport channels too.
>>
>>
>>
What's this Videoplus then?
 MotoGP 2015 - Pat
Sorry my mistake, it's actually called Videopass.

www.motogp.com/

Click on the tab in this website for details.

Pat
 Moto3 carnage - sherlock47
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but it is something I would not normally follow. How many were actually injured? The protective gear in the the absence of kerbs and street furniture seems to do a good job.

sport.bt.com/video/half-the-field-falls-in-chaotic-moto3-race-91364109150076?s_cid=con_email_zone_FF_Lite_Quote_Motorsport_04112016
 Moto3 carnage - MD
Hi Sherlock,

What was the date of that? Was that Steve Parrish talking?
 Moto3 carnage - sherlock47
www.crash.net/motogp/results/234873/1/moto3-malaysia-race-results.html

last weekend I think.
 Superbikes racing - henry k
I am not a bike person but is this of interest to anyone

www.questtv.co.uk/superbikes2017/

Quest is on Freeview CH 37

IIRC a full day Quest +1 on CH 91 returns next month.
Previously on CH38 and to date restricted hours.
 Superbikes racing - Pat
Thanks for that Henry, missed todays but will watch tomorrow.

Pat
 Superbikes racing - MD
What sad news about Nicky Hayden passing on. RIP mister.
 Superbikes racing - Pat
Yes MD, he was a gentleman and a joker.

Pat
Latest Forum Posts