Motoring Discussion > Lorries all on a go-slow today? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Cliff Pope Replies: 6

Lorries all on a go-slow today? - Cliff Pope
All the lorries on my way to work today seemed to be struggling to maintain any sort of decent speed. The ones I see every day normally go at quite a brisk speed, yet today at least half a dozen on my route could only maintain about 20 mph on quite modest hills.

What's going on? Have they all switched prematurely to summer fuel and been caught out by the chilly morning? Or is there some kind of industrial action work to rule by drivers?
 Lorries all on a go-slow today? - Old Navy
I believe the switch to summer diesel supplies starts in mid March, summer diesel should be OK down to about -7C. Most (all?) Vehicles have filter heaters these days so there should not be a problem. There has been some dodgy Russian sourced winter diesel about which some cars did not like.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 9 Apr 15 at 08:32
 Lorries all on a go-slow today? - Pat
The speed limit for lorries was raised to 50MPH on single carriageway roads on Monday too, but not in Scotland!

Pat
 Lorries all on a go-slow today? - Old Navy
The single carriageway bits of the A9 has had a 50 limit for for some time for lorries, I did not know the limit had changed South of civilisation. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 9 Apr 15 at 11:20
 Lorries all on a go-slow today? - Pat
Apparently they are 'experimenting' on the A9, they don't believe us Southerners:)

Pat
 Lorries all on a go-slow today? - Cliff Pope
So it's none of those - just a coincidence.
 Lorries all on a go-slow today? - Shiny
Ha! We noticed the same today in Nottingham and put it down to the nice weather. For example the lights would turn back to red just as they clear the junction.
Last edited by: Shiny Tailpipes on Thu 9 Apr 15 at 21:11
Latest Forum Posts