Motoring Discussion > Motor Codes ... peace of mind for the motorists? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 6

Motor Codes ... peace of mind for the motorists? - Dog
Anyone else use the motor codes site? .. I've started taking my 8 year old Sub to an indy listed on their site as I've given the pain dealer in Ashburton, Devon, the elbow.

This garage fitted my, um, winter tyres for me in October. I had an MOT carried out there yesterday, which was the most enjoyable MOT I've ever experienced. I walked down to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chycoose to look at all the luverly properties I couldn't possibly afford without having access to Lud's sort of money.

www.motorcodes.co.uk/garagefinder/ferris-garage-ltd-29.html
 Motor Codes ... peace of mind for the motorists? - sooty123
Think I've used it a couple of times when in a new area. Not used it for a while though.

Just looked in my area, of the 12 garages it brought up 11 had 0 reviews. Not overly helpful.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Fri 10 Apr 15 at 11:29
I used the garage I linked to well before I'd ever heard about Motor Codes, I'm 'funny' about garages, being I worked in the motor trade for 14 years :)
 Motor Codes ... peace of mind for the motorists? - zippy
Hmm, one of the garages listed wanted to charge me £200+ to fix a frayed wire on a distributor a number of years ago. I was earning £250 a month back then and knew even less about cars.

Got it fixed for a couple of beer tokens from a small one man outfit who is still in business but not listed!
 Motor Codes ... peace of mind for the motorists? - bathtub tom
Just looked up my local area and found this comment on one:

"We are a family run business, established in 1984. All our work is through 'word of mouth' recommendations, we dont advertise!"

Why would I not trust them!
 Motor Codes ... peace of mind for the motorists? - Bill Payer
>> Just looked up my local area and found this comment on one:
>>
>> "We are a family run business, established in 1984. All our work is through 'word
>> of mouth' recommendations, we dont advertise!"
>>
>> Why would I not trust them!
>>

That wouldn't worry me - they haven't tried to hide that they wrote it themselves.

Looked in my area and it's mainly a list of franchised dealers, including the VW one that I've recently cut out of my life. The well regarded VW indie I use instead isn't listed.
Just to make things as clear as, um, mud ... the garage I use in Cornwall is 22 miles from my home and has 100% feedback from 118 surveys on the Motor Codes site.

If I do a search on the Motor Codes site using my post code, it comes up with 12 garages within 5 miles of here - none of which I would consider using.

Latest Forum Posts