Motoring Discussion > B660 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: movilogo Replies: 3

B660 - movilogo
As I had some spare time, instead of taking usual A1M and A421, I took the B660 via Glatton - Winwick - Kimbolton - Bolnhurst - Bedford.

I was quite impressed with this B660. There was almost no traffic (due to Sunday?) on the route, the road went uphill and downhill frequently, there were some sharp bends and quite nice scenery (though not comparable with Lake/Peak district).

A recommended route in South East!
 B660 - Avant
Thanks for that - I'll remember it next time I go that way.

I can't resist adding before someone else does - given your other thread - think of the fun you'd have had today if you'd been in a convertible.....
Last edited by: Avant on Sun 11 Jul 10 at 22:30
 B660 - Dave_
I lived and worked on and around the stretch between Bedford and Kimbolton for 10 years or so - fun is exactly the right word for it. I never got to travel on it in a really fast car, but knowing the exact speed at which to take every bend, and stringing the whole road together fluidly from start to finish, was extremely satisfying even in a non-turbo diesel Octavia!

The road was recommended in one of the bike magazines a while back as being in the UK's top 10 roads for getting a knee down - and as the other 9 were all a long way north, it attracts the loony fringe motorcyclists from all over the South East on holidays and high days. Which in turn attract a strong police presence and, all too frequently, ambulances and recovery trucks.
Last edited by: Dave_TD {P} on Mon 12 Jul 10 at 11:38
 B660 - Fenlander
Unlike some roads up north or the fun ones in Scotland the B660 has loads of villages, frequent junctions, farms outside the villages etc.

Others such as cyclists, dog walkers, horse riders and parents with children may like to avail themselves of this nice rural B-road!

Four times a day I travel the very start of this road where the Emap biking publications take shots for their magazines. The bikes and photographers treat it like a private road and often provide a greater hazard/distraction than the person in the other thread who was prosecuted for stopping to read a map which resulted in a fatal accident.
Latest Forum Posts