Motoring Discussion > MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 29

MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - R.P.
Mentioned it briefly here. Bought as a replacement for the Ka by Mrs RP. She saw one at her place of work tracked one down on Autotrader and bought it. It's a 63 reg one owner car, covered only 4k in that time. Still has the original warranty and the TLC servicing package. It's all black with a cavernous van-like rear load area. Both seats are leather and it runs on sensible wheels.

Just decommissioned the Ka after the installation of a bespoke dog crate in the MINI. The cocker loves it the Springer not so sure. The crate is a work of art with removable partition and rear emergency exits...(honest). Allied to the purpose made dog mat from my old X1 should keep the rear end tidy.

It has the 1.6 diesel engine and the Cooper pack,this and the proper sized wheels gives it a very smooth ride and it goes like a go-Kart around the excellent roads we have here. Seems to be returning around 60mpg.. Seems like a good un.
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - Armel Coussine
How disappointing though. Although it's obviously a much better car, the MINI isn't as down-home and funky as a Mini Clubman with Cooper tweaks, especially good in a van...

I'm an old geezer. Just can't help it, any more than The girl can.
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - Dog
Nice one. Ideal for the, um, Dogs.

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/mini/10143281/Mini-Clubvan-Cooper-D-review.html
We tripped over the VED thing...!
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - Old Navy
>> We tripped over the VED thing...!
>>

This bit ?

tinyurl.com/lp6hv28
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - Old Navy
Missed the edit.

Or the commercial VED rate ?
It is. V5 says it's a car derived van ! - Colleague in work ran a mechanically identical normal MINI - cost him £20.00 to tax it. Still it is a crackerjack little motor. Costs peanuts to run so it all works out in a man-mats sort of way.
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - Zero
>> Nice one. Ideal for the, um, Dogs.

Yup often see vans at dogging spots....

MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - Runfer D'Hills
Saw a yellow Ka today funnily enough. There must be two of them then.

Does make you wonder though, given that when buying a new car, most people are spending what is to them quite a lot of money, at what point the thought pops up, you know what, I'll have a yellow one...
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Mon 4 May 15 at 21:36
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - CGNorwich
I wouldn't buy a yellow car simply because they are unpopular and would lose money on it but what exactly is the problem with yellow. Looks OK I think especially on small cars.

MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - sooty123
I'd have a yellow car an older drop top mx5 mgf or a mr2.
I don't think it's a problem for our Ka. An ex-colleague who has fallen on hard times after a messy divorce is interested, but only if it has sunglasses as standard.
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - WillDeBeest
Would (s)he fancy a dark green S60 instead? No sunglasses required.
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - Slidingpillar
My Morgan 4/4 was yellow. Good colour for a sports car as a lot of folk saw it and thought 'old car', and then I'd nip past them and be gone...
I don't have a particular problem with yellow cars either, certainly not second hand ones, no my idle, and merely passing thought was, given that at the point of new purchase there might be many different colour choices, it's at least slightly remarkable isn't it that some must decide that yellow is the best one?

Almost certainly just me. Carry on do please ! Nothing to see here really.

;-)
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - Rick O'Shea
>> >> Yup often see vans at dogging spots....
>>

Doggin' is for life not just for Christmas.
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - legacylad
And Boxing Day

Korean joke
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - legacylad
But seriously, a pal of mine had an original Élan in yellow. I thought it looked great. Another pal had a Stag in yellow. Ok but I preferred the Stag in blue. ( he called it Stanley)
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - Roger.
During my time as Lada dealer we once had allocated a Riva 1200 in a disgusting shade of burnt orange.
I thought we'd never sell it, but it went to a one man band driving school.
Good as a warning to other road users, I guess.
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - CGNorwich
I had one of those but it was brown.

You know I quite like the orange ...

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Lada_1200.jpg
>> During my time as Lada dealer we once had allocated a Riva 1200

James May did a piece on the Fiat 124 and its descendants on some channel last night.

It was the most ignorant slapdash misleading car piece I can remember seeing on television. I speak as one who owned a Lada 1200 and was idiotic enough to rebuild its engine from the ground up. You never saw such a POS as that engine.

I24 engine was completely different and a proper Italian motor. Chassis was in another ballpark too. I know of what I speak comrades. May fudged and faked his way through the whole thing.

They need me on Top Gear, but they haven't got the brains to seek me out. Of course it's all the same to the punters sitting in front of the box with their mouths open.
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - VxFan
>> They need me on Top Gear

You're far too grumpy for that ;)
>> far too grumpy for that ;)

Seldom grumpy, but usually critical. Better than being soppy and buying any old Scheiss surely?
 MINI Clubvan....Cooper.. - swiss tony
>> >> Nice one. Ideal for the, um, Dogs.
>>
>> Yup often see vans at dogging spots....

So the steam trains are just a cover for your real hobby then zero?
>> >> >> Nice one. Ideal for the, um, Dogs.
>> >>
>> >> Yup often see vans at dogging spots....
>>
>> So the steam trains are just a cover for your real hobby then zero?

combine it with bird watching
Well the Ka sold easily enough...E- Bay classified. Sold to a local farmer !
>> Well the Ka sold easily enough...E- Bay classified. Sold to a local farmer !

Guess it will be easy for the chickens to find their new shed....
That may not be a yolk...!
That's a cracker.
Ka Ka doodle doo
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 5 May 15 at 21:59
Latest Forum Posts