Motoring Discussion > Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 12

Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! - Falkirk Bairn
Customer's car bumped and repaired by the garage - as a gesture Audi Garage said "have a meal on us"

Customer spends £700+ on a meal 7 drinks for 2!!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-32605972

How much would you have spent - £50, £100 or more?
 Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! - mikeyb
"Ms Yap and her mother enjoyed four glasses of champagne, two bottles of wine costing £69 each, six cocktails totalling £86 and a sloe gin"

Surprised they could walk out after that. I like a drink, but that does appear to be a lot for 2 "ladies"

My employer sometimes give meals out as a thanks to the staff- usually an amount of around £100 is specified to be claimed back via expenses
 Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! - WillDeBeest
I got one of those a couple of years ago. No limit specified but, unlike Ms Yap and her dealer, I have to look my manager in the eye every day. We went to a very nice restaurant in Kensington and didn't hold back; still topped out at £180, though. Perhaps we should have had a sloe gin too.
 Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! - ....
She'll probably claim some kind of entitlement.

It'll be interesting how many repairs her car will need just out of warranty if she dares darken their doors with her car come service and MOT time.
I reckon that car will need shocks, springs, new discs and pads all round and a few suspension bushes for starters. DMF will probably be on the way out and the clutch may as well be done at the same time just for good measure.
What goes around comes around as they say.
 Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! - No FM2R
I have had lunch there from time to time, almost always on business. And actually for that place £700 is not *way* over the top; £300 - £400 per head is quite doable when business is good. I doubt you could eat and drink pleasantly there for less than £100 p.h..

A business lunch anywhere "nice" in London rarely comes out at less than £200 p.h.

However, sticking someone else with that bill is outrageous, just obnoxious. I do hope she has a problem with her car when it is 1 day out of warranty when she needs some good will.

I should have thought under the [reported] circumstances that £100 - £200 total bill would have been appropriate.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 6 May 15 at 20:29
 Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! - sooty123
Does seem rather stupid and arrogant that a car in an accident could somehow be worth that much in compension. Going to some mega expensive restaurant and expecting the garage to pick up the bill is crass. £100 would be plenty I would think.
 Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! - legacylad
Otoh if you were selling such car privately, like wot I do, and someone asked you if it had ever been accident damaged, you have to be honest. And how much would that knock off the value, even if repaired to a good standard?
Personally I don't think I've ever spent more than £60 on a meal, and that includes plenty of booze, but London is a world away from my haunts.
 Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! - Stuartli
>>Personally I don't think I've ever spent more than £60 on a meal>>

Come and live in the North West - you can get a decent main course and drinks for two, three or even four people for around that cost (depending on individual meal choice) at an establishment I know and recently rated one of the top four of its type in the UK...:-)
I miss kebabs.
 Audi - Audi garage gives customer a free meal! - Alanovich
>> I miss kebabs.
>>

Friday tomorrow. Turkish Grill.

I live in the NW. Where is it? I find that if you have pre dinner drinks, say a couple of pints, then three ( or more) bottles of plonk between two, it doesn't leave much money for solids in a half decent restaurant.
My local curry house has a feast night every Wednesday. Papadoms & pickle tray, any starter, any main except those containing fish, rice or naan, tea or coffee. With mints. £10.95
And bring your own booze. Beer in my local before & after @ £2.50 a pint. My kind of weds evening!
>>My kind of weds evening!

Next time I'm in the UK LL, I shall be banging on the door. It better be good beer.
Oh it is...Goose Eye Chinook. Very hoppy, if you like that sort of taste. Alternatives are Kirkby Lonsdale Stanley's, and Hetton Pale Ale. All the same price. With free peanuts on the bar (sometimes) if you are not bothered about hygiene. Dogs welcome and feel free to join in conversation with the 'half wits'.
Latest Forum Posts