Motoring Discussion > Ooops! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 11

Ooops! - Roger.
tinyurl.com/p5fgz4b
 Ooops! - henry k
Oooops indeed!
The link locked up my PC
 Ooops! - Crankcase
Tsk, Roger. Not clicked it but it's good etiquette to say where your link is going. I mean, imagine the horror of ending up inadvertently at the Daily Mail or something. Give us a chance!

Where does it go?
 Ooops! - Slidingpillar
I do not understand the fixation on this site with hiding URLs with Tiny URLs as it does not make any real difference to including a link. I would not knowingly though go to a Daily Wail/Hate link.

I decoded this link and got a host of hrrps://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net (swapped the double t's in https for 'r' s so as to make it not a link). Looks a bit suspicious and I've not been there.
 Ooops! - Bromptonaut
>> I do not understand the fixation on this site with hiding URLs with Tiny URLs
>> as it does not make any real difference to including a link. I would not
>> knowingly though go to a Daily Wail/Hate link.

There's sometimes an issue with long links messing up the page layout, at least for those using 'flat' view. Roger's recent post in the Allergy thread is a case in point. The Mods will need to tidy it up for him.

Cannot think of any other reason to use tiny and similar and agree that, if doing so, it's good manners to say where the link goes.
 Ooops! - Crankcase
Exactly that. I tend to paste in, preview, and if it rolls over two lines, then I'll tiny it and say where it goes. Seems to work well enough.

I appreciate there's the "what if tiny goes out of business, your link will die" argument, which is why I'd never use it for anything important professionally, but here, well, not so much.

Other short url providers exist of course.

Ooops! - Roger.
Supposed to go to a Facebook video.

video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xat1/v/t43.1792-2/1940904_837958416225052_543028940_n.mp4?oh=ab136cf88d62c3d4b3dcffb91cf48681&oe=5585B8EE

Which worked when I tested in "preview post".
 Ooops! - Bromptonaut
>> Which worked when I tested in "preview post".

Dashcam footage on a EU motorway showing a car cut sharply across lane one only to collide violently with a stationery truck on the off slip which was in turn concealed by a slow lorry in lane one.

I think we've 'done' it before.
 Ooops! - VxFan
>> Supposed to go to a Facebook video.

All I get is

"Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can."
 Ooops! - rtj70
So did I. Is this a Facebook login issue - as in I don't use Facebook as it is a waste of time.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 20 Jun 15 at 22:36
 Ooops! - Ted

I got it on Roger's original post but not since. It's done the rounds before somewhere. It's in Belgium, I think.
 Ooops! - Ted

Try this....

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/11167607/Watch-driver-survives-horrific-crash-when-overtaking-lorry-on-Belgian-motorway.html
Latest Forum Posts