Motoring Discussion > Fuel Conspiracy! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 11

Fuel Conspiracy! - Lygonos
Maybe not, but check out this graph on petrol prices from Shell's own website.

Note the X-axis.

tinyurl.com/3ayd4ob
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 16 Jul 10 at 00:28
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - diddy1234
So Shell can predict its prices for Jan2011.

Sounds a bit odd.
I bet the fuel prices at the pumps will stay the same or even go up !

Why is it car owners / drivers are always getting fleeced ?

and, is OPEC a a monopoly ?
other businesses (in different fileds of work) get probed and fined yet OPEC seems to be that big that no one will question them.
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - Lygonos
OPEC is a cartel - so basically a bunch of guys who act together to fix prices "to help global financial stability" no doubt.
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - Fullchat
So should I fill my heating oil tank up in October???
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - Lygonos
Looking at the graph - we can see why Greece is bankrupt - they've not been hosing their motorists sufficiently ;-)
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - IJWS14
Of course they predict (the real word is forecast) fuel prices. Every good business tries to forecast what its prices are likely to be in the future, it is part of the planning process.

Nothing to be surprised about - they can be wrong just like anyone else.
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - Tooslow
I've just filled mine (gulp!). Doubt it will get much cheaper. Though I would say that, that's why I filled it.

JH
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - Skoda
Petrol, at the pump's gone down every time i've filled up since i got my new car. First car i've had that gets cheaper every time i fill it.

FUEL CONSPIRACY! - DP
I'm going to send that graph to some American friends who are whining about prices nearing $3 a gallon again at the moment. The 78.5 cents a litre that translates into by my remedial maths, would put them bottom of that table by a clear margin.
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - Boxsterboy
Roll on autumn and cheap fuel if this graph is true. YIPPEE!
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - jc2
Our fuel is some of the cheapest in the world-most of what we pay is not for fuel-just fuel tax and VAT!!!!
 FUEL CONSPIRACY! - Iffy
BP will be looking to get a great deal of money from somewhere.

They couldn't give a stuff about repairing the ocean floor, but repairing the balance sheet is a serious business.

Latest Forum Posts