Motoring Discussion > Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 9

Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - MD
...had any experience of an Auto Petrol version?
 Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - Alastairw
Alanovic owns one. But he is on hols at present.
 Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - Fursty Ferret
Can't speak for the petrol version but I test drove the previous generation diesel auto and sat inside the newest one.

Very pleasant inside, exceedingly comfortable, and loads of toys. Was a serious contender for the Volvo but the Mazda dealer was crap and never bothered to return my calls or help arrange a test drive.

Also I was suckered by the TFT dash on the V60.
 Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - nice but dim
DaveTD will be along soon, he had one. Got rid very quickly due to fuel economy.
 Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - rtj70
MD, are you talking about the current Mazda model or the previous one?
 Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - MD
2010 ish.
 Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - Ateca chris
I have a (09)petrol 2ltr 6 speed manual, on a 70mph motorway run i see around 44mpg
start going 80+ it drops to around 38. Around town and everyday use this time of year 32/33 colder months 29/30. What i have read about the auto is to knock 3 to 4 mpg off those figuars.

Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - Alanovich
I'm back. Yes, I've got a 2006 2.0 petrol auto estate. It's about to get far more usage than it's used to due to the gearbox dilemma my SAAB has just given me.

I'm out and about in the Mazda today, I'd forgotten how much I like it. Comfortable, powerful, smooth. 80k miles on the clock, I've had it two years and about 20,000 miles, in which time the only non-consumable I've had to deal with was replacing the thermostat a few months ago.

I'm thinking about getting another one in hatch format to replace the SAAB if I go down that route, so they can't be all bad. Like the look of a older 2.3 petrol, 168bhp I think, would make a nice second car indeed. Wonder if there are any autos though.....

How much are those Suzuki Kisashis (bless you) which gordonbennet liked these days I wonder......

*wanders off to autotrader*
 Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - Mike H
>> I'm back. Yes, I've got a 2006 2.0 petrol auto estate. It's about to get
>> far more usage than it's used to due to the gearbox dilemma my SAAB has
>> just given me.
>>
Our Saab has also just given us a dilemma, with a dead alternator and weeping head gasket. The Mazda 6 is top of the list to replace it, if that's what we decide to do. And the auto petrol was top choice in the range. But I'd be looking at 2010 on, possible even new depending on the deal. Anyone know if the 2.2 diesels are now OK - a bit of web research seems to indicate that they don't suffer the same issues of oil contamination as the 2 litre.
 Mazda Mazda 6 - Has anybody... - sooty123
Anyone
>> know if the 2.2 diesels are now OK - a bit of web research seems
>> to indicate that they don't suffer the same issues of oil contamination as the 2
>> litre.
>>

My friend has on a 2010, I think the problem on them is a gauze in the oil sump getting blocked up. Quite common he was told, not sure if it's true or not. Don't really keep up with issues on diesels.
Latest Forum Posts