Motoring Discussion > France bound - N154? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 8

France bound - N154? - sherlock47
A route favoured by a few of us here - the A/N 154 Rouen to Orleans take note.

15/7/205
The N12 west of Nonacourt was suffering some significant delays, probably SALT? reason was unclear if accident or road works? Solved by dropping due south and turning east into the west of Chartres. Actually came across the same lorry that had been on the N12 behind us - so same journey time, but less frustration:)

The roundabout at the South side of Chartres is currently being 'underpassed'. Whilst the delays at 15.00 were not too bad ( 5-10 minutes), in peak times it will be a nightmare.
can easily be bypassed with a little forward thinking.

The N154 route has been a well establised revenue raising zone in the past, but seems to have greater focus recently. It has newish cameras in the first small town just to the south of Chartres.

A white camera van was on the verge on one of the new dual carriageway sections a little further south - 110k section, but an ideal location for cars to take some of the heavies that impede progress on the single lane sections. Whether they found me in the fast moving convoy of cars is yet to be established :(
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 17 Jul 15 at 16:31
 France bound - N154? - Bromptonaut
What's the SALT acronym for? Single Alternate Lane?

We'll be going that way on Monday headed from Calais to an overnight near Chartres. Onward to Clermont Ferrand and Le Mont Dore on Tuesday.

Trying to decide whether to tackle Rouen via the Pont Mathilde or the longer but marginally easier route via the A150 and Pont Gustav Flaubert.

Any advice?
SALT stands for Single Alternate-Line Traffic
See 118 other meanings of SALT!
www.acronymfinder.com/

Sorry - I thought that it was commonly used. But you got the idea anyway :)

Historically I have always used the Paris posted route following E402, Pont Mathilde, but the bridge works have caused problems for last 18 months, and I am not sure if they have finished. This runs you thro the factory area with the Seine to your East. A lot of phased traffic lights and best avoided at chuck out time.

For the last 5 trips I have followed the Green signs for Vernon / Evreux which keeps you to the East of the Seine on the D6015. Pleasant easy route light traffic, although the 3 junctions (Turn Left, Turn Right, fork Right) immediately after coming off the dual carraigeway will require sharp eyes for your first visit! Shed may make it more problematic.

Not used pont GF for many years.

B'naut - presumably on a campsite with WiFi :)

How was Rouen, Chartres and N154?

France bound - N154? - jc2
I usually go thro' the centre of Chartes rather than the ring road- and the same in Orleans.N154 to Artenay and then N20.
 France bound - N154? - jc2
Pont Mathilde has been open for almost a year now-Pont GF is expected to be closed for maintenance in the near future.
 France bound - N154? - Bromptonaut
Used Pont GF. Two roundabouts, one of which is effectively by passed, and you're back on a dual carriageway direct to the A13 then the A154/N154.
 France bound - N154? - ....
If you're using Dunkirk to Dover to return to the UK allow a lot of extra time. Traffic is currently backed up the French autoroute towards Belgium for 26kms. Both lanes blocked, not moving.
Last edited by: gmac on Thu 23 Jul 15 at 11:12
 France bound - N154? - ....
Update: it was due to RTA HGV fire nothing to do with the port being busy.
Latest Forum Posts