Motoring Discussion > Selling a private plate. To whom.. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 13

Selling a private plate. To whom.. - legacylad
Last July my future step daughter carelessly drove into the back of a taxi in Bradford, writing off her Ka. I put the plate, P444NUT on retention, hoping to fit it to my car at some future date. However, the claim is still ongoing and SWMBO never wants to see the plate again. The Ka cost £800 ish, repairs within a 12 month period were £1200, including £400 days before the crash, and daughters insurance has just increased by £1k on her tatty '96 Clio because no other insurer will quote because of the ongoing claim for personal injuries by occupants of the taxi.
To date I have been offered £500 by some of the companies selling plates. An expensive personal ad in the DT brought nil response. Any ideas as to whom I could approach to buy it, apart from bald wealthy sportsmen with a deprecating sense of humour.
Having just paid for another daughters wedding, and younger daughters insurance (i would have bought her a bus timetable, much cheaper) she really could do with selling the plate soonest.
Thanks
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - FotheringtonTomas
Doesn't £500 sound like a very good deal, considering the plate? Perhaps I've missed something - is it "P NUT"?
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - legacylad
Yes, it is FT
After a bit of lateral thinking I shall contact United Biscuits. Maybe they would like it on one of their KP vans!
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - Dave_
A quick rummage around ebay shows the vast majority of personal plates go unsold, at least through the official channels. However, the recent sales include:

S444UN B sold for £350
T19RA M sold for £225
M111 WKD sold for £102
P33CCS sold for £31.40, and
R444 HEA sold for 99p!

For your plate P444NUT I'd take the £500...
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - R.P.
Might be worth a punt on e-bay, reserve it at 500 notes.
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - R.P.
punt = an anagram of pnut ! :-0
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - helicopter
I must go to Specsavers - I thought you were selling a private plane......
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - Runfer D'Hills
Got to be worth a Monkey.....
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - VxFan
>> P444NUT?

Now if it were P34 NUT (PEA NUT) then I could understand why you'd want to sell it to KP.

>> Any ideas as to whom I could approach to buy it, apart from bald wealthy sportsmen with a deprecating sense of humour.

You've lost me there.
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - Clk Sec
>>Got to be worth a Monkey.....

That's a lot to shell out.
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - Zero
Your daughter wasnt called hazel was she?

Its only worth the 500 quid, take the money and get pistschio'd
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - Bellboy
Is it really worth anything?
Or is somebody spinning a line to get you to advertise it??
Its not worth a pistachio in my opinion
just looks like an old p plate number plate that would devalue rather than enhance a fine automobile in my opinion
soz.

see zero bet me to the kernal...........
Last edited by: Bellboy on Fri 16 Jul 10 at 14:50
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - DP
Might be worth something in Brazil......

I'll get me coat :-)
 Selling a private plate. To whom.. - Iffy
...step daughter carelessly drove into the back of a taxi in Bradford...claim still not sorted...

A personal injury claim from a taxi in Bradford that might be genuine?

That story is worth more than the numberplate. :)

Latest Forum Posts