Motoring Discussion > HELP! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 10

HELP! - Zero
Therapist needed?

I saw several in Spain (Starting at €12k!) and on my travels yesterday I need up parked next to a very large citroen dealer.

Where I have ended up lusting after a

Citroen C4 Cactus!

Funky looks, really smart and trendy inside, lots of toys, and loads of room inside with a good boot for the dog (she tried it out).

I'm going to go for a test drive i think.
 HELP! - Old Navy
You have my sympathy, the Lancer was the start of a slippery slope, your poor decision making now sounds terminal.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 17 Jul 15 at 18:33
 HELP! - Stuartli
Whatever tickles your fancy can't do any harm. This might be of use for comparison purposes:

www.carwow.co.uk/deals/Citroen/C4-Cactus

My only qualm is just how the looks of the Cactus will be viewed by used car buyers in perhaps two or three years' time when you might want to change vehicles?

HELP! - Zero

>> My only qualm is just how the looks of the Cactus will be viewed by
>> used car buyers in perhaps two or three years' time when you might want to
>> change vehicles?

I'm counting on it, a cheap one in two or years time is just up my street.
 HELP! - RichardW
It's cheap to start with - about £12k IIRC - so it will be pretty cheap at 3 years old. I think the internal fit and finish is a bit bargain basement, but then so is the price - YGWYPF etc! I thought about one, but it's a bit small for us.
 HELP! - Dog
I've thought the Cactus looks great when I've seen it on the telly ... not that I watch TV you understand.

Don't think I could stomach it in yellow though: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/citroen/c4-cactus-2014/
 HELP! - CGNorwich
Seen quit a few about, good reviews, a bit different, practical. Go for it.
 HELP! - Bobby
What are those panels on the door made out of and how are they fixed on?
 HELP! - CGNorwich
"The Airbump® is a successful combination of style and usability! The soft skin, which is a worldwide exclusive, protects your car against everyday bumps and dents.

So what's the secret? A multitude of air capsules under a soft TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) skin that does not require any special care.

You can customize your C4 Cactus with a choice of 4 Airbump® colours: Dune, Chocolate, Black and Stone Grey."
 HELP! - Alanovich
I think I'd prefer a Dacia Duster.

Don't like overstyled fashion statements, which, right or wrong, is how I perceive the Cactus. Modern day Matra Rancho.

You know what I saw on my trip to France last week, which aroused my car buyer's senses? FIAT Freemont. Don't sell them here, of course. I must be going doolally, that's nearly an SUV. Shudder.
 HELP! - sherlock47
I had one for 4 days as a loan car about 3 months ago. Cannot remember which model, but I think it was the 100bhp diesel manual. Felt lively, but most impressive was the handling. The sound system was pretty good too.

Down sides were the poor visibilty both rear and and 'front end'. Parking in tight spaces would certainly be made easier with optional camera and or auto park packs. With ageing vertebrae the low roof line certainly made entry/exit harder work than getting into either the Berlingo or the Fiat Panda.

Very surprised that aftermarket Cacti packs have not yet appeared on a widespread basis.

From memory I think that the chassis is based on the boyracer DS3 despite the C4 market branding applied to the Cactus.
Latest Forum Posts