Motoring Discussion > Tory Safety MP - Do as I tell you! Not do as i do. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 6

Tory Safety MP - Do as I tell you! Not do as i do. - Falkirk Bairn
Tory MP caught speeding in Cirencester - 90mph in a 70 zone.

tinyurl.com/omy6hcf

£600 fine & costs = 6 month ban

Tory Safety MP - Do as I tell you! Not do as i do. - sajid
that put the brake on him for a while
 Tory Safety MP - Do as I tell you! Not do as i do. - Armel Coussine
We love it when our rulers are hoist with their own petard.

But there's no context in the report and no suggestion that the MP was driving dangerously.

Dangerous driving matters. Speed limits don't on the whole. They are a distraction and a damn nuisance.
 Tory Safety MP - Do as I tell you! Not do as i do. - Slidingpillar
And to be perfectly honest, MPs of most flavours have been booked for traffic offences, not just one party.
 Tory Safety MP - Do as I tell you! Not do as i do. - martin aston
Re the degree of danger or not. I know this road well and it's not actually in Cirencester, it's a rural dual carriageway which bypasses various settlements, including Cirencester and runs north to the infamous Air Balloon Roundabout that often features in traffic reports due to breakdowns and accidents on the single carriageway there. Back to the but if road in question, it's mainly very good, stretches of it are only about ten years old. It links M4 and M5 so people don't hang about with a lot of the traffic up around 70-80. However it is not a motorway so it's open to all traffic (including farm traffic but i rarely see any) and there are a few joining roads and lay byes. There is even a "beware pedestrians" sign at one point where those using a long distance path have to hot foot it across the road. Given all that you need your wits about you and law or not 90 is pushing it - after all it could well be over 100 on the speedo. It's a well known area for mobile speed cameras and it's a bit surprising that a local MP was caught.
 Tory Safety MP - Do as I tell you! Not do as i do. - Robin O'Reliant
>> It's a well known area for mobile speed cameras and it's a bit surprising that a local
>> MP was caught.
>>

"Do you know who I am?"
 Tory Safety MP - Do as I tell you! Not do as i do. - The Melting Snowman
Indeed, but somehow it's more entertaining when it's a Tory.
Latest Forum Posts