Motoring Discussion > Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 9

Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - Auntie Lockbrakes
Friend is selling her 2006 407 Coupe, with the 2.7 twin turbo diesel automatic. 200-odd bhp. Two owners from new. 92,000 miles, with cambelt changed last year. Are these cars collectable yet?!

It's fully loaded, leather etc. Worth a punt, or just more middle-aged French chod about to go wrong..?!
 Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - Dave_
Middle-aged quite pretty French chod. Do it.
 Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - Fenlander
There are almost no (normal) cars of the past 20yrs that would be collectible any time soon.

But they are very good looking and if you half fancy it why not?
 Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - Boxsterboy
I would go for it! If that engine is good enough for a Jaguar, it can't be too bad (actually it is quite a good engine, if a bit heavy on fuel for a diesel - I drove it once in a Citroen C6)
 Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - Focusless
HJ drove one:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/peugeot/407-coupe-2006/?section=road-test

That and the other info (eg. Good & Bad) doesn't appear to give any particular reasons to avoid, unlike some.
Last edited by: Focusless on Mon 27 Jul 15 at 13:58
 Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - jc2
Sounds like it could be worth TWO punt!
 Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - The Melting Snowman
The block may be the same as in JLR products but I expect that's where the similarities end.

An old, complicated, French car, bought from a friend. Not for me unless it was seriously cheap and would be prepared to scrap it when the first nasty bill came along.
 Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - Zero
>> The block may be the same as in JLR products but I expect that's where
>> the similarities end.

I would bet the engine and ancillaries are exactly the same.
 Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - Boxsterboy
They are the same, just minor setting differences. Remember this engine was conceived when Ford owned Jaguar. Ford and PSA shared this engine as well as the more common1.6 HDI.
 Peugeot 407 Coupe - 2.7 twin turbo diesel - worth a punt? - Auntie Lockbrakes
It ain't cheap - used cars go for silly money over here (NZ). UK 5 grand...
Latest Forum Posts