Motoring Discussion > Lud's not the only one ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 7

Lud's not the only one ! - Ted

The day before AC was having his ' bend stress ', we were enjoying the same.

Heading for a campsite at Goldstone, South of Market Drayton, I made a left turn off the A53 in the Grand Vitara towing our 17ft caravan. I knew I had about 6 miles of narrow lanes to navigate so my speed was not high, no more than 20 mph...........no hurry ! I pulled over to let a motorcaravan through then a Sprinter sized van. The next car I came across was dark saloon...a Mazda, which came round a tightish bend towards me at some speed. Too fast to be safe.

I was going very slowly at the time having just pulled up a bit of a hill and I was on a narrow bit of road. The Mazda managed to stop and I judged the gap on it's offside enough to get past as the road had widened on the bend. I did this quite safely and carried on the journey.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK39To2VvxI&feature=youtu.be

The time and date are not right. Need re-setting. It happens around 40.38.

I carried on without incident, I stopped for something to turn right across my bows, stopped to let a Merc coming towards me pass and a rigid truck kindly reversed 50 yds for me in a narrow bit. that was all the traffic, really.

I was surprised, when we got to the end of the next 4 miles and stopped in the campsite gate, to find the Mazda had followed us. A woman, about 50 and well spoken got out and started to harangue me because I'd ' Forced her off the road and driven away. She said she'd spoken to another woman motorist who I'd done the same to and was going to report me for dangerous driving. I told her she was going far too fast for the bend and she said ' I'm local, I know these lanes '......familiarity breeds etc ?

Not a lot of help when she's impaled on the front of a tractor ! I told her I had her on dashcam and she said she didn't care. Oh, and how did she speak to this imaginary other woman, who never appeared on my footage of the whole journey, when she followed me and didn't stop ?

A bit silly of her to chase after and confront someone who might just have given her a fat lip...Daft bint ! I doubt she'll do anything but it's all grist to the motoring mill ! Probably needs some hormone treatment ! I've saved the footage of the whole six miles....Oh, It was a Super Legend dashcam as well.

So get one, AC.....only a tenner or so !
  Lud's not the only one ! - Manatee
The video is private
  Lud's not the only one ! - Stuartli
>> The video is private>>

Rubbish. Kindly explain why you believe this observation?
  Lud's not the only one ! - No FM2R
Because Stuart, when you follow the link to Youtube it says "Sorry, this video is private".

Its an error message.

Bit of knee jerking there?
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 28 Jul 15 at 00:11
  Lud's not the only one ! - Armel Coussine
Er, I say chaps, in a thread whose very title takes my name in vain, we don't need any ill natured downmarket squabbling if that doesn't seem offensive.
  Lud's not the only one ! - Dutchie
I was driving quicker than normal today.Had a busy week.Sometimes I am in Taxi driver mode no messing about dodling.It scares my wife sometimes my daughter when she used to be a passenger couldn't car less.

I should stop it bad habit.
  Lud's not the only one ! - Armel Coussine
>> Sometimes I am in Taxi driver mode no messing about dodling.It scares my wife sometimes my daughter when she used to be a passenger couldn't car less.

Tell me about it Dutchie... people who can drive themselves, or think they can, are the passengers most likely to be scared of one's driving. People who can't drive yet don't notice anything.

>> I should stop it bad habit.

Life's too short Dutchie. Ignore the wailing of ignorant passengers and go for it (don't risk their tiresome necks though, obviously).

:o}
  Lud's not the only one ! - Videodoctor
Video is still 'private'. Cannot see what we are suppose to be looking at?

Can the OP please fix it and unlock it?
Latest Forum Posts