Motoring Discussion > Missing A30 roadworks Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 5

Missing A30 roadworks - bathtub tom
I'm travelling to Falmouth next week and understand there's delays on the A30 around Bodmin due to roadworks causing a lane closure and a 40MPH limit.

I though I might turn off the A30 at Kennards House, onto the A395, join the A39 and take that until it rejoins the A30 at Indian Queens.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.
 Missing A30 roadworks - Dog
I was down that way only yesterday picking my Beauceron puppy from a litter of 8 in Launceston. I live on the outskirts of St Awful and, knowing Cornwall well after living here for 18 years, the last thing I wanted to do was get held up on the A30 at Temple, so, after looking at numerous alternatives including the A39 to Camelford + going up through Cardinham to Warleggan where I used to live, I ended up taking the A30 all-the-way.
Yep, I even managed to play with my cruise control :)

But, and it's a BIG but ... don't go anywhere near the A30 at Temple on Friday, Saturday, and maybe even Sunday.
This is a lovely little 'plaice' to while away the day. I don't usually spill the beans on my favourite haunts but, with my HBP I'll be orf pretty soon so, cop hold of this one:

www.beachretreats.co.uk/explore/walk-through-cornwall/walk-through-the-gannel-and-crantock/

Missing A30 roadworks - MD
That looks a beaut Perro me ol mucker.
>>That looks a beaut Perro me ol mucker.

Yeah, they photo shopped out the slate-grey sky and the horizontal rain ;-)
 Missing A30 roadworks - spamcan61
>> I'm travelling to Falmouth next week and understand there's delays on the A30 around Bodmin
>> due to roadworks causing a lane closure and a 40MPH limit.
>>
>> I though I might turn off the A30 at Kennards House, onto the A395, join
>> the A39 and take that until it rejoins the A30 at Indian Queens.
>>
That's my standard route when venturing down Wadebridge/Newquay/Falmouth way and it's always worked for me - apart from when the Zafira caught fire near Kennard's House anyway!
Latest Forum Posts