Motoring Discussion > Ford Transit - high mileages
Thread Author: commerdriver Replies: 5

Ford Transit - high mileages - commerdriver
Hired a luton bodied Transit van yesterday (Sunday) for a little light removal work.
I got it from a place I had hired before but even so was a little surprised to find the recorded mileage was 202500 ish. However the vehicle behaved perfectly for the 170 mile return trip I had to do, everything worked OK, even the tail lift and the remote central locking and it cruised comfortably on dual carriageway and motorway in 6th.
Bit disappointed (but not surprised) at the lack of air conditioning, but it did what it was hired for without a problem.
 Ford Transit - high mileages - sooty123
I hired a van last year with similar miles on it. Probably quite common with the smaller hire companies, i know it is.abroad.
 Ford Transit - high mileages - J Bonington Jagworth
The Luton bodied ones probably get used a lot for removals, plenty of which will be a good distance. Better lots of motorway miles than the other sort. The engine will outlast the body if it's had reasonable maintenance - especially so for Transits.. :-)
 Ford Transit - high mileages - Mapmaker
I hired a Zipvan (hire-by-the-hour 'car share' thing in London) the other week. 75k on the clock; not a panel that wasn't scratched and scraped.
 Ford Transit - high mileages - Dave_
A van's lifespan is usually dictated by time, not mileage. We have a very tidy 12-plate Ducato at work approaching 150,000 miles, whilst its slightly tatty 60-plate sister has just had a new clutch at 210,000. Both have cruise, electric windows and mirrors, remote locks, bluetooth and working aircon. No reason why they shouldn't keep going to half a million.
 Ford Transit - high mileages - The Melting Snowman
You need to drive more carefully then... :-)
Latest Forum Posts